New York StartUP! 2016 Business Plan Competition
New York StartUp! 2016 Business Plan Competition
Win up to $15,000 to start your business!
Read the press release about the 2015 winners!
The New York Public Library in conjunction with its sponsor, Citi Foundation, is proud to announce the 7th Annual New York StartUP! Business Plan Competition for New York-based startup entrepreneurs with cash prizes totaling over $30,000.
Entrants gain practical insights about starting and growing a business, while using the comprehensive small business resources at NYPL’s Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL).
- You must live in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- Your business must be in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- All businesses must have ideas or business models in the start-up phase and have earned less than $10,000
- Attend one (1) Orientation Session - view the schedule.
- Attend 3 out of 4 technical workshops scheduled January 2016 – April 2016 - View the schedule.
- Meet regularly with a business advisor throughout the Competition - View the list of business advisors.
- Upload your business plan to the NY Start UP! 2016 site on FluidReview no later than midnight, June 7, 2016
- Create an account on the NY StartUP! 2016 site on FluidReview.
- Submit an entry form on the NY StartUP! 2016 site on FluidReview by midnight, Tuesday, January 12, 2016
- Upload your plan in PDF format to the NY StartUP! 2016 site on FluidReview no later than June 7, 2016 at midnight.
- 1st Place Award: $15,000
- 2nd Place Award: $7,500
- 3rd Place Award: $5,000
- 4th Place Award: $1,500
- 5th Place Award: $1,500
Video of the 2013 New York Start Up! Winners
StartUP 2012 Winners and Finalists below:
First place $15,000 - Dwayne Samuel, R.N., Esq. and Jason Funes, JD for a business plan to create Curatio HCS, a full-service home health care agency in the Bronx.
Second place $7,500 Bernice Mast and Richard J. Becker for their plan to create Wheatless and Meatless, gluten-free vegan burger mixes and meal starters.
Third place 5,000 Rina Mansukhani and Christi Helsel for iEvoke, a plan to create a line of products that uses the powerful connection between scent and memory.
Runner-up : $1,500 Jean-Pierre Adechi of Wheelie
Runner-up : $1,500 Monica Sharma and Kim Nguyen of Runway Exchange
New York StartUp! 2012 Finalists:
Dwayne Lloyd Samuel
Precious L. Williams, Esq
Shaunte L. Williams
2012 New York Start Up! Winners!
Start UP! 2011 Competition - Read about 2011 winners. Link to list of 2011 winners and judges
View a list of the finalists for the 2011 competition.View a video of 2011 Winners (bottom of page)
Watch a Video about 2010 winners (1st annual competition, 2010)