NYC Small Business Resource Center
Helpful Resources | Business Events | Notices & Press
Business Plan Winner: Chocoholics of the World, Get Ready!
In honor of National Chocolate Day, we're proud to say The Harlem Chocolate Factory is here to stay. This high-quality, locally-manufactured and responsibly-sourced “chocolate cultural experience” is the creation of Jessica Spaulding, owner, founder, and business plan winner.
- Sample Business Plans are available for your use via Gale's Small Business Resource Center database. The database is available onsite or remotely from home with a valid New York Public Library card.
- Small Group Meeting Rooms are available free at the Science, Industry and Business Library for groups of 2-10 people working on a business project. Time slots are for one or two hours and Wi-Fi is available.
- Locate an affordable incubator, co-working space or wet lab that meets your needs by visiting the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC} Incubators and Workspaces Network.
- Visit the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC] Digital.NYC - New York City's hub for tech and startups - to locate tech workspaces and co-working spaces, and accelerators and incubators.
- The New York City Department of Small Business Services' [ SBS] Business Solutions Center can help you launch your business.
- Need New York City Statistics? Visit NYC Data; NYC Open Data; NYC Census FactFinder; We Are Made in NY; and AllTransit.
NYC Health Insurance Link [HI Link] helps New Yorkers—business owners and individuals—learn how to get the health coverage they need.
- Start-Up NY—New York State Empire Development is creating tax free zones across the state for new and expanding businesses.
- Effective December 21, 2015: anyone who owns a small unarmed aircraft of a certain weight must register with the Federal Aviation Administration's Unmanned Aircraft System [UAS] Registry before flying outdoors. People who previously operated their UAS must register by February 16, 2016. People who do not register could face civil and criminal penalties. Drone owners can also call 1-844-244-3565.
- Small Business Pulse
Entrepreneurship Glossary: translation into Spanish, French, Persian and Arabic. Also translations of other documents.
Questions about your business credit? Visit Experian's BusinessCreditFacts.
BusinessLoans is a free, educational website that provides business financing information to small business owners.
- Want to put your business out there and enhance your brand? SCORE invites you to participate in their evening seminar Six Steps to E-Publishing on Tuesday July 12, 2016 from 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM at The Library.
- SCORE is presenting morning seminar Leadership Essentials for Small Business Owners on Saturday July 16, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at The Library.
- FastTrac NewVenture, a 40-hour program designed for aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs. The program will be held in June-July 2016 and in August-September 2016.
- The next Startupalooza/iBreakfast is scheduled for Thursday June 30, 2016 from 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM at Rise New York.
- The Harlem Community Development Corporation invites you to Increase Your Chances of Getting a New York State Contract at a FREE seminar on Thursday June 30, 2016 from 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM at the Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. State Office Building. To register contact the Harlem CDC at 212-961-4100 or at email@example.com.
- SCORE's QuickBooks for Windows Desktop Hands-On Workshop gives you the opportunity to learn how to use this popular accounting software. This afternoon seminar is scheduled for Thursday July 7, 2016 from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- The US Commercial Service and Global New York invite you to participate in a FREE presentation and interactive Vietnam Roundtable discussion on the best prospects for exporting US products and services to Vietnam on Monday July 11, 2016 from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM at the Empire State Development office. To register or for further information contact Gabriel Gorre at Gabriel.Gorre@trade.gov or Carmela Mammas at Carmela.Mammas@trade.gov.
- The 2016 New York Accounting Show is scheduled for Wednesday-Thursday July 13-14, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the Pennsylvania Hotel.
- Define your target market and learn the basics of creating website copy at SCORE's afternoon seminar How to Write Website Copy: Tell Your Clients What They Need to Know on Tuesday July 19, 2016 from 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM at 26 Federal Plaza.
- Minorities in Tech [MiTech] invites you to attend their next Meet Up on Tuesday July 19, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM at the Microsoft Flagship Store in Manhattan. There is a non refundable $10.00 fee.
- SCORE is presenting a FREE morning seminar The Effective Use of Social Media: Demystifying Facebook Promotions on Tuesday July 26, 2016 from 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM at the Lehman College School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
- SCORE invites you to participate in a morning seminar Selling Skills and Customer Service Relationship Software: Keys to Successful Sales on Monday July 11, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Brooklyn Central Library on Grand Army Plaza.
- Are you passionate about wanting to make and market a favorite receipe? The attend SCORE's morning seminar How to Launch and Market Your Food Product on Friday July 22, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Brooklyn Central Library on Grand Army Plaza.
- The Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership's 2016 schedule of Next Level Webinars is now available. All webinars take place on the last Monday of the month from 8:30 PM -9:30 PM.
- The European Patent Office is offering a series of webinars for patent information users.