Front porch swings and stringing beans : what it means to grow up Southern /
- Front porch swings and stringing beans : what it means to grow up Southern / by Cecilia Budd Grimes.
- Grimes, Cecilia Budd.
- North Carolina : Abram & van Wyck Publishers, ©2007.
Items in the Library & Offsite
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Text||Use in library||Request||F215 .G74 2007||Offsite|
- 67 pages : illustrations; 19 cm
- Trivia and miscellanea.
- "How's your mama?" and other niceties -- "Just a lick and a promise" and other sayings -- "You gotta be raised Southern to be Southern ..." honoraries and such -- "Brook is my first cousin, once removed ..." and other kinfolk identified -- The homeplace and what you'd find at Southern feeds -- Rules we're taught to follow and things don't you dare ... -- "Take me out to the ballgame ..." on a summer evening -- Roast n'ears and other fine foods -- Kerosene ankle rags and other such remedies -- "See Rock City" called the eighth wonder of the world.
- Owning Institutions
- Princeton University Library