Trouble in Tahiti : an opera in seven scenes
- Trouble in Tahiti : an opera in seven scenes / an Amberson Video Production with London Weekend Television ; words and music by Leonard Bernstein ; produced by David Griffiths ; directed by Bill Hays.
- W. Long Branch, N.J. : Kultur, , ©1992.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Moving image||Use in library||VC494||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 videocassette (45 min.) : sound, color; 1/2 in.
- Leonard Bernstein\u0027s 1951 opera is a biting satire on the emptiness of materialist values and the false promise of suburban comforts. This production, conducted by the composer himself, presents a live-action cast performing on an animated set.
- Alternative Title
- Leonard Bernstein\u0027s Trouble in Tahiti : an opera in seven scenes.
- Sung in English.
- Original production: 1973.
- Title on container: Leonard Bernstein\u0027s Trouble in Tahiti : an opera in seven scenes.
- Hi-fi Dolby stereo.
- Libretto (14 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
- "A Leonard Bernstein program."
- Credits (note)
- Designed by Eileen Diss ; graphic sequences by Pat Gavin.
- System Details (note)
- VHS format.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries