Discrete methods in epidemiology / James Abello, Graham Cormode, editors ; Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science ... [et al.].
- Discrete methods in epidemiology / James Abello, Graham Cormode, editors ; Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science ... [et al.].
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, c2006.
Items in the Library & Offsite
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Text||Request in advance||Request||RA651 .D57 2006||Offsite|
- Additional Authors
- xi, 260 p. : ill.; 27 cm.
- Series Statement
- DIMACS series in discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science ; v. 70
- Uniform Title
- DIMACS series in discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science ; v. 70.
- "This DIMACS volume presents the proceedings from the DIMACS workshop on Data Mining and Epidemiology held at the DIMACS Center, Rutgers University, March 18-19, 2004"--T.p. verso.
- "Volume grew out of the activities of the DIMACS Working Group on Data Mining and Epidemiology"--Acknowledgements.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Selected data mining concepts / James Abello, Graham Cormode, Dmitriy Fradkin, David Madigan, Ofer Melnik and Ilya Muchnik -- Descriptive epidemiology : a brief introduction / Dona Schneider -- Biostatistical challenges in molecular data analysis / William D. Shannon -- Mining online media for global disease outbreak monitoring / Lynette Hirschman and Laurie E. Damianos -- Generalized contingency tables and concept lattices / David Ozonoff, Alex Pogel and Tim Hannan -- Graph partitions and concept lattices / James Abello and Alex Pogel -- Using transmission dynamics models to validate vaccine efficacy measures prior to conducting HIV vaccine efficacy trials / Kamal Desai, Marie-Claude Boily, Benoit Masse and Roy M. Anderson -- Causal tree of disease transmission and the spreading of infectious diseases / Alexei Vazquez -- Structure of social contact networks and their impact on epidemics / Stephen Eubank, V. S. Anil Kumar, Madhav V. Marathe, Aravind Srinivasan and Nan Wang -- Random graphs (and the spread of infections in a social network) / James Abello and Michael Capalbo -- Attempting to narrow the integrality gap for the firefighter problem on trees / Stephen G. Hartke -- Influences on breast cancer survival via SVM classification in the SEER database / Jixin Li, Ilya Muchnik and Dona Schneider -- Validation of epidemiological models : chicken epidemiology in the UK / Dmitriy Fradkin, Ilya Muchnik, Patrick Hermans and Kenton Morgan.
- 0821837540 (alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries