Job Search Resources
Let the Library guide your search for employment with everything from resume help to databases to classes.
Not sure where to start? Try our Frequently Asked Questions or visit Job Search Central at the Science, Industry and Business Library - your one-stop shop for all your job search needs.
Job Search Assistance
- Pro Bono Career Coaching available at @ SIBL
- Job and Career Workshops @ NYPL Locations
- Job Search Central Blog
- Bronx Library Center's Career and Educational Information Service
- Listen to a NYPL Library program on Effective Employment Strategies for Those 50+
- Watch Barry Cohen's program: Powerful First Impressions: Find and Get the Job Your Really Want
Career Exploration and Job Seaching Online
- Job Search and Career Databases
Premium databases for searching - free access with your Library card!
- eBooks, Audiobooks, and Videos
Downloadable resources for job seekers and entrepreneurs. Free with your Library card!
- Employment Websites
NYPL's recommendations for the best free websites for finding a job and advancing your career
Small Business Assistance
Individual counseling to small businesses, provided by retired executives
Job Placement Partners
Job Search Central in the News
- Job Search Tips (Printable PDF file)
- Financial Industry Professionals
Job and career information during the current economic downturn
- The Best of the Web
Job search resources and training
Job search resources for formerly incarcerated individuals
- Free Wireless Access
An American citizen in the United States has:
- Freedom to express yourself.
- Freedom to worship as you wish.
- Right to a prompt, fair trial by jury.
- Right to vote in elections for public officials.
- Right to apply for federal employment requiring U.S. citizenship.
- Right to run for elected office.
- Freedom to pursue “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
- Support and defend the Constitution.
- Stay informed of the issues affecting your community.
- Participate in the democratic process.
- Respect and obey federal, state, and local laws.
- Respect the rights, beliefs, and opinions of others.
- Participate in your local community.
- Pay income and other taxes honestly, and on time, to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Serve on a jury when called upon.
- Defend the country if the need should arise.
Artist Wilhelmina Grant Presents "Climbing the Wall" Exhibit
Artist Wilhelmina Grant/SISTAAH Studio mounts a vibrant and colorful abstract art exhibition presented from an alternative perspective. These wall scape reproductions are 24 x 36 inches in size and are the result of the artist’s experimentation in the medium of pigments and alcohol manipulated on glazed and unglazed ceramic substrates.
The artist reception will include an artist talk by Wilhelmina Grant, joined by woodwind multi-instrumentalist, Willie Mack, who explores the relationship between the vibrations of color and sound to “play the paintings.”