Why Support The New York Public Library?
It's very simple, really, and summed up in our mission—
To inspire lifelong learning, advance knowledge, and strengthen our communities.
No other organization provides the wide array of resources and services that you'll find here—and makes them available free of charge to all.
It's a place where more than 20 million books, CDs and DVDs, and research materials are used each year… a place where 690,000 people come to attend our free programs, including job search classes… a place that last year saw a 12% increase in visitors—nearly 40 million in person or via our content rich website.
Government funding pays only a portion of the Library's operating expenses. The rest comes from generous foundations, corporations, and individuals like you.
Your contribution helps:
- Keep our shelves filled with books and materials that are in high demand
- Provide free computer access and Wi-Fi service at all of our 89 locations
- Make possible daily classes that teach New Yorkers basic computer skills, job search techniques, and reading skills
- Purchase items to add to our world-renowned research collections to advance scholarship
- Preserve fragile manuscripts and rare books that have been placed in our care
And so much more.
Watch these videos to see how your generous support can directly impact lives.
Click here to see the many different ways you can help.
Open the door of knowledge…change a life…make New York a better place…Donate Now!