Encore Legacy Society
The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts (“LPA”), nestled between the Vivian Beaumont Theater and the Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, is at the center of the world of the performing arts. It is one of the world’s most prestigious performing arts research and circulating libraries, privileging and illuminating its vast international collections through scholarship, education, exhibitions, and programming. Its holdings span six centuries and include the world's most extensive combination of circulating, reference, and rare archival collections of moving image, recorded sound, books, sheet music, and stage design. It is an incubator of creativity that is the home to the performing artist and scholar, fosters the creative works of the emerging artist, collects, documents and celebrates the performing arts and maximizes exposure to the breadth and meaning of its collections to the world at large.
The Encore Legacy Society recognizes the generosity of individuals who have listed the Library for the Performing Arts as a beneficiary in their wills or living trusts, or of their retirement plans, financial accounts, or life insurance policies. Those who leave a legacy to LPA help provide free and open access to one of the world's most extensive performing arts collections well into the future.
To join the Encore Legacy Society, simply inform us that you have:
- Named the Library for the Performing Arts as a beneficiary in your will or living trust
- Named the Library for the Performing Arts as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, financial account, or life insurance policy.
- Established a charitable gift annuity or other gifts for which you receive lifetime income in return
As a member of the Encore Legacy Society, you will receive:
- Invitations to exclusive events, curator-led tours, and author talks
- Subscriptions to Library donor publications (your gift will be acknowledged in these publications and the Library's Annual Report unless you prefer to remain anonymous)
Please feel free to contact us with any questions at 212.930.0652 or email@example.com