Join the Schomburg Society and celebrate this legacy while ensuring its impact for generations As a member, you will receive special benefits while directly supporting the Schomburg’s mission to:
- collect essential books, media, and artifacts for this generation and the next.
- preserve our collection and digitize it for wider accessibility.
- share our collections through classes, exhibitions, and public events with all who seek more information about the Black experience.
By becoming a member, you will ensure that the Schomburg Center remains the intellectual and cultural heart of the Black community.
Associate ($35) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
- Year's subscription to the Schomburg Center member newsletter, which includes a calendar of events
- 20% discount in the Schomburg Shop
- A personalized membership card
- Special discounts to LIVE from the NYPL events
Friend ($50) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
All Associate benefits, plus:
- Invitations to members-only exhibition previews, lectures, and seminars
Supporter ($100 ) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
All Friend benefits, plus:
- Invitations to VIP events
Patron ($250) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
All Supporter benefits, plus:
- A complimentary gift from the Schomburg Center
Sustainer ($500) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
All Patron benefits, plus:
- Two tickets to a select Schomburg Center concert or performance
Conservator ($1,000) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
All Sustainer benefits, plus:
- Acknowledgment in the Schomburg Center newsletter and the Library's Annual Report
Heritage Circle ($2,500) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
All Conservator benefits, plus:
- A private behind-the-scenes tour led by the Center's Director
Chief's Circle ($5,000) | Join • Renew • Give the Gift of Membership
All Heritage Circle benefits, plus:
- An invitation to an annual luncheon with the Director
Membership gifts may also be mailed to The Schomburg Society, 515 Malcolm X Boulevard, New York, NY 10037-1801. Please make checks payable to Schomburg Center/NYPL.