Make a Gift to NYPL From Your IRA Today
If you are 70½ years old or older and have a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can use your required minimum distribution (RMD) to support The New York Public Library (NYPL) through an IRA Charitable Rollover gift. You will pay no income taxes on the gift from your RMD. Alternatively, under the SECURE Act, you can elect to push your RMD until age 72.
- You must be 70½ or older at the time of your gift
- The transfer must go directly from your IRA to NYPL
- Your total annual IRA gift(s) cannot exceed $100,000
- Your gift must be made by December 31
- Contact your IRA administrator
- Ask that your RMD distribution be a direct charitable rollover to:
The New York Public Library
445 Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10016
- Please make sure that your name and address are included in the funds transfer
For any additional information, transfer instructions, or questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.