Summer Reading 2020 Writing Contest Rules
Enter the Summer Reading 2020 Writing Contest for a chance to win a special prize.
- Children, ages 6–9: Doodler Start "Learn from Home" Pen Set
- Children, ages 10–12: Beats by Dr. Dre Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Teens, ages 13–18: Beats by Dr. Dre Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
How to Enter
1. If you are between the ages of 6 and 18, write a story or essay where you imagine the tale of the Book Dragon. Entries will be judged by NYPL staff on the quality of the writing and the author's ability to address the prompt.
2. Email your entry to email@example.com by August 8 and include your first and last name, age, phone number, and nearest branch library. You can also send your entry by mail. Make sure your submission is postmarked by August 8:
The New York Public Library
ATTN: Writing Contest/CHPRG
445 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10016
One child ages 6–9, one child ages 10–12 and one teen ages 13–18 will be chosen as grand prize winners and receive a prize specific to their age group.
Make sure to get a parent or guardian’s permission before entering.
No purchase or payment of money is necessary to enter or win. Limit of one entry per person. There will be 3 prizes awarded. No returns or substitutions. Winners will be notified by phone on or before August 8 and may be asked to sign and return a short affidavit to confirm eligibility and agreement to abide by these official rules. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Available to all New York City residents. Sponsor, and its affiliates and their employees and families, are not eligible to enter. NYPL interns and volunteers are eligible to enter. Applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor reserves the right at any time to cancel or modify this sweepstakes in whole or in part in the event of technical or other difficulties. By participating in this drawing, entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules. Prize will be awarded to alternate winner if prize notification cannot be made or is otherwise undeliverable.