Discover The New York Public Library’s personalized book selection service!
Tell us your reading interests and we’ll handpick five books just for you.
The New York Public Library offers a personalized book selection service through Shelf Help. Fill out the online form, call Ask NYPL, or drop off a request form at your local branch to receive new reads handpicked for you based on your interests. Await our signal then pick up a book bundle of five recommended reads.
There are three ways to request Shelf Help:
- Tell us about your reading interests here.
- Call Ask NYPL (917-ASK-NYPL or 917-275-6975) to connect with a member of our team, Monday to Saturday, 10 AM to 6 PM. For TTY service (Text Telephone for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing), dial 212-930-0020. We’ll ask you about your interests and take it from there.
- Pick up a request form at your local branch, or download one now and return it to the Library on your next visit.
Hold tight. Our expert librarians will consider your interests, browse the Library’s collection, and select a book bundle of five recommended reads tailored to you. Then what?
- When the books are ready at your chosen branch, we’ll send you an email letting you know it’s time to come in for pickup.
- Head to your branch, collect your book bundle, and check out your books.