- Social process in Hawai'i : celebrating 100 years of local studies / Lori Pierce, John P. Rosa, guest editors.
- [Mānoa] : Department of Sociology, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, 2020
Items in the Library & Off-site
1 Result Found
|Status||Vol/Date||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|46||Text||Use in library||HN79.H3 S63 2020 46||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xxiii, 310 pages : illustrations; 23 cm.
- Series Statement
- Social process in Hawai'i ; volume 46
- Uniform Title
- Social process in Hawaii (1979) ; volume 46.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface / Patricia Steinhoff -- Editor's introduction: The education of Romanzo Adams: student scholarship and social process in Hawai'i -- Part 1: Rethinking Hawai'i's past : The trust of an Ali'i: Queen Emma Kaleleonālani and Queen's Hospital / Davianna Pōmaika'i McGregor -- Defining the empire: American political rhetoric in the early territory, 1898-1903 / Kealani Cook -- Japanese studio photographers in the territory of Hawai'i, 1900-1945 / Lynn Ann Davis -- Thwarting ambitions: the rhetoric of vocational education in depression-era Hawai'i / Alan Rosenfeld -- Nisei draft resisters in Hawai'i: complication Kibei identities and conflicting loyalties / Kaori Akiyama and Kelli Y. Nakamura -- "Intimate and frank statements, spontaneous reactions": excerpts from World War II morale diaries of University of Hawai'i women / Christine Kirk-Kuwaye -- Racing the death sentence in territorial Hawai'i / Jonathan Y. Okamura -- "The rain is on our side": island-based community subsistence during the Lāna'i Pineapple Strike of 1951 / A. Kaipo T. Matsumoto -- Part 2: New directions in contemporary Hawai'i : "I'm about to get really racist": racialization, resistance, and the local in a Hawai'i rap battle / Ruben Enrique Campos, Roderick N. Labrador, and Ethan Caldwell -- "Feed them to the sharks!": murder, masculinity, and media in Hawai'i / Nicholas Chagnon, Penn Pantumsinchai, David T. Johnson, and Meda Chesney-Lind -- Challenging racial discourses of "Hawai'i Chinese" and its naturalization of the US nation-state / Brian Su-Jen Chung -- Local identity and migrant politics: a qualitative content analysis of letters to the editor in Hawai'i / Nathalie Rita -- White-collar local: examining group boundary making and social hierarchies in a Honolulu government workplace / Eli Revelle Yano Wilson -- Comparing historical ethnic occupational differences of Filipinos on Guam and in Hawai'i, 1920-2010 / Ann Pobutsky and Enrico Neri -- E Mālama 'ia ka Malu: preserving peace at Pu'uhonua o Wai'anae / Chantrelle Ann Melenani Wai'alae -- From tourism economy to tourism society: the impacts of global tourism on the Hawaiian Islands / Noel Kent.
- Owning Institutions
- Princeton University Library