Identity and networks : fashioning gender and ethnicity across cultures /
- Identity and networks : fashioning gender and ethnicity across cultures / edited by Deborah Fahy Bryceson, Judith Okely, and Jonathan Webber.
- New York, : Berghahn Books, 2007.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 2 Items. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Use in library||HQ1206 .I54 2007||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xii, 300 p. : ill.; 23 cm.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "List of published works by Shirley Ardener": p. -283.
- Introduction : the artistry of social life / Deborah Fahy Bryceson -- Changing cultures, changing rooms : fashioning identities and anthropological research / Sharon Macdonald -- Identity at play : individuals, characters, and theatres of action / Kirsten Hastrup -- Constructing identities in a post-Communist society : ethnic, national, and European / Zdzisław Mach -- Making sense of the past : reflections on Jewish historical consciousness / Jonathan Webber -- A sense of people and place : the chapel and language in sustaining Welsh identity / Gaynor Cohen -- Towards an ethnography of colleagueship / Hilary Callan -- Thinking the unheard, writing the unwritten : reflecting on marginality, ethnography, and texts / Maria Jaschok in dialogue with Shui Jingjun -- The women's movement : the formative years, 1850-1930 / Cecillie Swaisland -- A good lady, androgynous angel, and intrepid woman : Maria Czaplicka in Feminist Profile / Grażyna Kubica -- 'Ritual sisters' or female rulers? gender and chiefship revisited in Southern Africa / Gina Buijs -- Revolting, revolutionary, and rebellious women : symbolic disruption of traditional femininity and the liberation of femineity and other muted identities / Rhian Loudon and Ronnie Frankenberg -- What women really want : gender, ethnicity, and job expectations on an automobile factory assembly line / Fiona Moore -- Can you call this fieldwork? September in Venice / Lidia D. Sciama -- Gendered lessons in ivory towers / Judith Okely.
- 9781845451615 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1845451619 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781845451622 (pbk.)
- 1845451627 (pbk.)
- Owning Institutions
- Princeton University Library