Angels' visits and other vocal gems of Victorian America.
- Angels' visits [sound recording] : and other vocal gems of Victorian America.
- New York : New World Records, p1977.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||A-302 N 220 LP||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo.; 12 in.
- Alternative Title
- Sweet by and by.
- Willie's grave.
- We are happy now, dear mother.
- Flee as a bird.
- Shall we know each other there?
- Rock of ages.
- Oh, you must be a lover of the Lord.
- Put my little shoes away.
- I love to tell the story.
- Last hymn.
- Babe of Bethlehem.
- "American songs and hymns published mostly during the 1860s and 70s that deal generally with death, heaven, and angels"-- Notes.
- At head of title: Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc.
- Historical and descriptive notes by Richard Jackson, with discography, bibliography, and lyric texts (6 p.) on container and bound in.
- Event (note)
- Recorded at Columbia Recording Studios, New York City.
- Sweet by and by (3:37) ; Willie's grave (4:39) / J.P. Webster -- We are happy now, dear Mother / I.B. Woodbury (2:27) -- Flee as a bird / Unknown (3:11) -- Shall we know each other there? / R. Lowry (4:13) -- Trusting / C.A. White (4:08) -- Rock of ages / Dudley Buck (3:54) -- Angels' visits / Claude Melnotte (4:19) -- Oh, you must be a lover of the Lord / J.N.S. (3:10) -- Put my little shoes away / Charles E. Pratt (5:18) -- I love to tell the story / William G. Fischer (3:22) -- The last hymn / J.W. Hicks (7:58) -- The Babe of Bethlehem / J.W. Dadmun (3:08).
- Owning Institutions
- Princeton University Library