Brooklyn Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra
- Brooklyn Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra [sound recording].
- New York, N.Y. : Gramavision, p1983.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||LS- 20490||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo.; 12 in.
- The 1st work for trombone, strings, dulcimers and psalteries; the 2nd, for electronic valve instrument, tape and chamber orchestra; the 3rd, arr. for winds and piano; the 4th, for histrionic voice, piano, clarinet, violoncello and percussion.
- The 3rd work conceived as a party game.
- The 4th work sung in English; words by W. H. Auden. Expanded version of 1982, with one extra section and nine connecting piano inerludes.
- Editions recorded: Peer International; ACA; Peters; C. Fischer.
- Program notes by Leo Smit on container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded at Cooper Union Great Hall, New York City.
- At the tomb of Charles Ives / Lou Harrison (3:40) -- Divertimento 1980-1981 / Vladimir Ussachevsky (13:38) -- Party pieces / John Cage, Henry Cowell, Lou Harrison, Virgil Thomson ; [arr. Robert Hughes] (9:53) -- Academic graffiti / Leo Smit (9:00)
- Owning Institutions
- Princeton University Library