Of mongrelitude / Julian Talamantez Brolaski.
- Of mongrelitude / Julian Talamantez Brolaski.
- Brolaski, Julian T.
- Seattle : Wave Books, 2017.
- Minneapolis : Consortium Books Sales & Distribution.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PS3602.R6425 A6 2017||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 93 pages; 26 cm
- "Of Mongrelitude is a colloquy on the mongrel body, texual and actual, sexual, specieal, and racial. Composed in a hybrid style, it makes the argument that everything can and does come into ‘englyssh’: ancient and invented languages, european and indigenous, tongues not yet named. All of this ‘made up as medicine’, as ceremony for all creatures, as literal song."--Publisher's website (viewed 16 May 2017).
- Series Statement
- Wave Books ; 062
- Uniform Title
- Poems. Selections. 2017
- Wave Books ; 062.
- Woodberry Poetry Room Blue Star collection of books and manuscripts.
- Alternative Title
- Poems. 2017
- "This hardcover edition of Of Mongrelirtude is published in April 2017 by Wave Books. 100 copies are numbered and signed by the poet."--Colophon.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- [WAR MESSAGE] we dont want yr tools -- against breeding -- rather like a doubting dog -- in the cut -- on loneliness -- I did it for something to do -- fire place -- most honeyed -- lovers reversed: dump bunk -- notes from the mummy chamber -- the rabbit & the crow -- who is not yr cousin? -- what's eating hildegard? -- ack, buttery -- what do they know of suffering, who eat of pineapples yearround -- like w/ like wars not -- irreversibly like apples -- when will springtime come on in -- of mongrelitude -- dog on dog aggression -- hell and gore -- sometimes I feel like I'm the tool of the devil -- oceanic feeling -- some say an army of horsepeople -- what wuz therr izzaye? -- red sky at morn -- tho the rivulets be finite, the tokens are talking -- automat metropolis -- melancholy lake -- involuntarily I licked my lips -- if only there were a glory for that hole -- fried-eyed / banned poetry words -- how obvious -- blathersum -- despite of space -- for our meeting on the loam: -- belen, source of death -- sympathy butters no parsnips -- chaparral character -- whethersoever it were (marry to be humanlike) -- eat dirt, oasis, myn oracle -- gon aerial wolfhuntin -- widdershins -- ambivalence becometh -- you dont need to get fucked up to see visions -- on antony and cleo -- not the sloppy religiosity -- the tabloids are filled w/ mancrush and bromance -- the myth of the subway -- the uselessness of magicking death -- poem for r having left new york -- poem for shorty courier -- rules for bones -- or pause to gaze on the moody chest of spartacus -- a bee's feather -- airroir -- make us all homosexuals, o muse, o privy muse -- fowles in tha frith -- imagery and actual koalas, troly loly -- Dis pure diss -- we birds -- th
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library