Revolutionary mothering : love on the front lines / Alexis Pauline Gumbs, China Martens, Mai'a Williams.
- Revolutionary mothering : love on the front lines / Alexis Pauline Gumbs, China Martens, Mai'a Williams.
- Oakland, CA : PM Press, 
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||HQ759 .R486 2016||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xviii, 250 pages : illustrations; 23 cm
- An anthology that gives access to the voices of mothers of color and marginalized motherswomen who are in a world of necessary transformation. The challenges faced by movements working for antiviolence, anti-imperialist, and queer liberation, as well as racial, economic, reproductive, gender, and food justice are the same challenges that marginalized mothers face every day. Revolutionary Mothering is a movement-shifting anthology committed to birthing new worlds, full of faith and hope for what we can raise up together.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- I. Intergenerational introduction: foremothers for mothering (Introduction) / Alexis Pauline Gumbs -- The creative spirit: children's literature / June Jordan -- m/other ourselves: a Black queer feminist genealogy for radical mothering / Alexis Pauline Gumbs -- Motherhood, media, and building a 21st century movement / Malkia A. Cyril -- On my childhood, El Centro del Raza, and remembering / Esteli Juarez -- II. From the shorelines to the front lines (Introduction) / Mai'a Williams -- a conversation with my six-year-old about revolution / Cynthia Dewi Oka -- A Los Angeles quartet: daily survival, body memory, first-world single mama, identity and mothering / Fabiola Sandoval -- Mothering as revolutionary praxis / Cynthia Dewi Oka -- Super babies / Sumayyah Talibah -- Doing it all ... and then again with child / Victoria Law -- population studies / Cynthia Dewi Oka -- She is radical / Tara Villalba and Lola Mondragón -- My son runs in riots / Christy NaMee Eriksen -- III. The bottom line (Introduction) / China Martens -- Single mama moments / Christy NaMee Eriksen -- Why don't you love her? / Norma Angelica Marrun -- Mothering / Vivian Chin -- Brave hearts / Rachel Broadwater -- Scarcity and abundance / Autumn Brown -- The clothesline / Layne Russell -- This is what radical mamihood looks like / Noemi Martinez -- IV. Out (of) line (Introduction) / Alexis Pauline Gumbs -- Forget Hallmark: why Mother's Day is a queer black left feminist thing / Alexis Pauline Gumbs -- Three thousand words / Katie Kaput -- my first poem as a radical mother / alba onofrio -- Beacon, bridge, and boulevards / Gabriela Sandoval -- In this pure light / Cheryl Boyce Taylor -- Queering family / Ariel Gore -- V. Two pink lines (Introduction) / Mai'a Williams -- Step on a crack: parenting with chronic pain / Claire Barrera -- Birthing a new feminism / Lisa Factora-Borchers -- Choice / Esteli Juarez -- The darkness / Fabielle Georges -- Birthing my Goddess / H. Bindy K. Kang -- Night terrors, love, brokenness, race, home & the perils of the adoption industry: a journey in radical family creation / Terri Nilliasca -- From the four directions: the dreaming, birthing, healing mother on fire / Irene Lara -- What does the daughter of a Chicana-Lesbian teenage mom know about having babies? / Panquetzani -- VI. Between the lines (Introduction) / China Martens -- Collective poem on mothering / Mamas of Color Rising (Austin, Tejas) -- Telling our truths to live: a manifesta / tk karakashian tunchez -- Love balm for my spiritchild / Arielle Julia Brown -- "You look too young to be a mom" excerpts from Girl-Mom, a play created from posts to GirlMom.com 2001-2003 / Lindsey Campbell -- Letter to Aymara / Micaela Cadena -- My birthday present / Karen Su.
- 9781629632452 (ePub ebook) (canceled/invalid)
- 9781629632476 (PDF ebook) (canceled/invalid)
- 9781629632469 (Mobipocket ebook) (canceled/invalid)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library