On Susan Glaspell's Trifles and "A jury of her peers" : centennial essays, interviews and adaptations / edited by Martha C. Carpentier and Emeline Jouve.
- On Susan Glaspell's Trifles and "A jury of her peers" : centennial essays, interviews and adaptations / edited by Martha C. Carpentier and Emeline Jouve.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
Items in the Library & Offsite
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Text||Use in library||Request||PS3513.L35 T75 2015||Offsite|
- Additional Authors
- vi, 229 pages; 23 cm
- Alternative Title
- Jury of her peers
- Susan Glaspell's Trifles and "A jury of her peers"
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Introduction: An Iconic Work at 100 Years / Martha C. Carpenter and Emeline Jouve -- pt. 1 Scholars' Voices -- Forensic Science and the Aesthetics of Affect in "A Jury of Her Peers" / Catherine Q. Forsa -- Seeing, Looking, Pointing: A Linguistic Reading of Trifles and "A Jury of Her Peers" / Marie-Pierre Maechling-Mounie -- Silent Partners: The "Trifling" Nature of Language in the Theatre of Susan Glaspell and Samuel Beckett / Linda Ben-Zvi -- Susan Glaspell's Radicalization of Women's Crime Fiction: Female Reading Strategies from Anna Katherine Green to Sara Paretsky / Ilka Saal and Mareike Dolata -- Powerful Gazes: The Right to Look in Film Adaptations of Trifles and "A Jury of Her Peers" / Noelia Hernando-Real -- Susan Glaspell's Gendered Detectives: Suspense and the Threat to Masculine Identity in Radio and Screen Adaptations from 1930 to 1961 / Drew Eisenhauer -- pt. 2 Practitioners' Voices -- Interviews -- Trifles and "A Jury of Her Peers" on Film: Interview with Filmmakers Sally Heckel and Pamela Gaye Walker / Sharon Friedman -- Producing Susan Glaspell's Plays: Interview with Founders of the Orange Tree Theatre, Sam Walters and Auriol Smith / Barbara Ozieblo -- Trifles in Production at the Orange Tree Theatre, 2008: Interview with Director Helen Leblique / Barbara Ozieblo -- Adaptations / Creations -- Sometimes I Sing: Freeing the Voice of Minnie Wright in Trifles / Milbre Burch -- From Dramatic Time to Operatic Time: Creating an Opera Libretto from the Play Trifles / John F. McGrew and John G. Bilotta -- Sometimes I Sing: An Original Dramatic Monolgue Inspired by Trifles / Milbre Burch -- Trifles: An Original Operatic Libretto / John F. McGrew.
- 9781476622064 (canceled/invalid)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library