Bearskins, bayonets & body armour : Welsh Guards, 1915-2015 / Trevor Royle ; with a foreword by HRH The Prince of Wales.
- Bearskins, bayonets & body armour : Welsh Guards, 1915-2015 / Trevor Royle ; with a foreword by HRH The Prince of Wales.
- Royle, Trevor
- Barnsley, South Yorkshire : Frontline Books, 2015.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||UA649.5 .R69 2015||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Charles III, King of Great Britain, 1948-
- 352 p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps; 29 cm.
- "The Welsh Guards have been at the forefront of British military history over the past hundred years. Bearskins, Bayonets & Body Armour traces them from their foundation in the First World War and their baptism of fire at the Battle of Loos in 1915, through their fighting at Dunkirk, in the Western Desert, Italy and Normandy in the Second World War, the Cold War and the Troubles in Northern Ireland, the Falklands War (when heavy casualties were suffered when the Sir Galahad was bombed and sunk in controversial circumstances), the Balkans, up to the campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan in the 21st century. As well as the Regiment's operational history, this book also offers a unique insight into its high-profile role in ceremonial events in London such as the Changing of the Guard and Trooping the Colour, which have made the Guards one of the best-known symbols of Great Britain. This book will be required reading for all those interested in the history not just of one famous regiment, but of the British Army over the past century."--Publisher's description.
- Alternative Title
- Bearskins, bayonets & body armor
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 345-346) and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- 9781848327351 (hbk.)
- 1848327358 (hbk.)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library