Butchering poultry, rabbit, lamb, goat, and pork : the comprehensive photographic guide to humane slaughtering and butchering / by Adam Danforth.
- Butchering poultry, rabbit, lamb, goat, and pork : the comprehensive photographic guide to humane slaughtering and butchering / by Adam Danforth.
- Danforth, Adam.
- North Adams, MA : Storey Pub., 2014.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||TS1960 .D25 2014||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Keller + Keller photographer.
- ix, 446 pages : color illustrations; 29 cm
- Using detailed, step-by-step photography of every stage of the process, Adam Danforth shows you exactly how to humanely slaughter and butcher chickens and other poultry, rabbits, sheep, pigs, and goats. From creating the right pre-slaughter conditions to killing, skinning, keeping cold, breaking the meat down, and creating cuts of meat you'll recognize from the market, Danforth walks you through every step. He also covers food safety, freezing and packaging, and tools and equipment. This comprehensive reference is the only guide you need to successfully, safely, and humanely slaughter and butcher your own animals.
- Uniform Title
- Environmental Information Services Collection.
- Pictorial works
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- From muscle to meat -- Food safety -- Tools & equipment -- Butchering methods -- Pre-slaughter conditions and general slaughter techniques -- Chicken slaughtering -- Chicken butchering -- Rabbit slaughtering -- Rabbit butchering -- Sheep & goat slaughtering -- Sheep & goat butchering -- Pig slaughtering -- Pig butchering -- Packaging & freezing.
- 9781612121826 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1612121829 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781612121888 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1612121888 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781603429313 (ebook)
- 160342931X (ebook)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library