Joni Mitchell : in her own words : conversations with Malka Marom.
- Joni Mitchell : in her own words : conversations with Malka Marom.
- Mitchell, Joni
- Toronto : ECW Press, 
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||ML410.M6823 M35 2014||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Marom, Malka
- xxv, 259 pages : illustrations (some color); 24 cm
- When singer, musician, and broadcast journalist Malka Marom had the opportunity to interview Joni Mitchell in 1973, she was eager to reconnect with the performer she'd first met late one night in 1966 at a Yorkville coffeehouse. More conversations followed over the next four decades of friendship, and it was only after Joni and Malka completed their last recorded interview, in 2012, that Malka discovered the heart of their discussions: the creative process. In Joni Mitchell: In Her Own Words, Joni and Malka follow this thread through seven decades of life and art, discussing the influence of Joni's childhood, love and loss, playing dives and huge festivals, acclaim and criticism, poverty and affluence, glamorous triumphs and tragic mistakes... This riveting narrative, told in interviews, lyrics, paintings, and photographs, is shared in the hope of illuminating a timeless body of work and inspiring others.
- Language (note)
- Text in English.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- 1770905804 (electronic bk.)
- 9781770905801 (electronic bk.)
- 1770905812 (Cloth)
- 9781770905818 (Cloth)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library