Synagogues of Greece : a study of synagogues in Macedonia and Thrace / Elias V. Messinas, edited by Sam Gruber.
- Synagogues of Greece : a study of synagogues in Macedonia and Thrace / Elias V. Messinas, edited by Sam Gruber.
- Messinas, Ēlias V.
- New York : Published for American Sephardi Federation (ASF)/Sephardic House by Bloch Publishing Company in association with Bowman & Cody Academic Publishing, 2011.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
Not available - Please for assistance.
|Text||Request in advance||BM321.G72 M23 2011||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xiv, 160 p. : ill., maps, plans; 22 x 28 cm.
- Uniform Title
- Sephardi and Greek Holocaust library ; 5.
- Alternative Title
- Study of synagogues in Macedonia and Thrace
- Jews, Greek
- Jewish architecture > Greece > History
- Synagogues > Greece > Veroia
- Synagogues > Greece > Thessalonikē
- Thrace, Western (Greece) > Ethnic relations
- Jews > Greece > Thrace, Western > History
- Macedonia > Ethnic relations
- Jews > Macedonia > History
- Synagogues > Greece > Thrace, Western > History
- Synagogues > Macedonia > History
- "This is the fourth [i.e. fifth] volume to be published in the Sephardi and Greek Holocaust Library"--P. vii.
- "The manuscript for this book is based on my doctoral thesis at the Architecture and Urban Planning department of the National Technical University of Athens.... The thesis was completed in 1999"--P. xi.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 155-160).
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Introduction. History and synagogue architecture in Greece: an overview ; The Jewish quarter in the Greek cities of the Ottoman Empire -- The synagogues of Greece: Macedonia. Salonika ; Veroia -- The synagogues of Greece: Thrace. Alexandroupolis ; Didimoticho ; Komotini ; Xanthi -- Appendix: Architectural drawings and illustrations (alphabetical) -- Glossary and abbreviations.
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library