P.O. Box love : a novel of letters / Paola Calvetti ; english translation by Anne Milano Appel.
- P.O. Box love : a novel of letters / Paola Calvetti ; english translation by Anne Milano Appel.
- Calvetti, Paola.
- New York : St. Martin's Press, 2012.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PQ4863.A38454 N6513 2012||Off-site|
- 358 p.; 22 cm.
- "At Dreams & Desires, 50-year-old Emma's quaint bookshop in Milan dedicated to romantic fiction, the passionate bookseller serves coffee and tea to her customers and completes order slips in pen rather than using a computer. One day, she finds a mysterious handwritten note stuck between the pages of a novel. The message is from her high school sweetheart Frederico, who is now a successful architect in New York and whom she hasn't seen in thirty years. When she finally meets Frederico again, Emma is convinced that her life is about to turn into a romance novel - an intercontinental fairy tale between Milan and New York, between two post office boxes and two lovers that are separated by the Atlantic Ocean and half a life. But Frederico is married, and their epistolary romance, punctuated by once-a-year sojourns on the island of Belle Ile, seems to have no future. PO Box Love is an ode to old-fashioned relationships (the ones that last a lifetime), old-fashioned habits (such as writing letters by hand in fountain pen) and old-fashioned notions (such as politeness, and the great lost art of conversation), and will enchant readers of such perennial favorites as 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff and Same Time Next Year by Bernard Slade"--
- Uniform Title
- Noi due come un romanzo. English
- Alternative Title
- Noi due come un romanzo.
- Epistolary fiction
- Love stories
- Language (note)
- Translated from the Italian.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- 9780312625702 (hardback)
- 0312625707 (hardback)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library