Edmund J. Davis of Texas : Civil War general, Republican leader, Reconstruction governor / by Carl H. Moneyhon.
- Edmund J. Davis of Texas : Civil War general, Republican leader, Reconstruction governor / by Carl H. Moneyhon.
- Moneyhon, Carl H., 1944-
- Fort Worth, Tex. : TCU Press, c2010.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||F391.D257 M66 2010||Off-site|
- xiii, 337 p. : ill., ports.; 24 cm.
- Series Statement
- The Texas biography series ; no. 2
- Uniform Title
- TCU Texas biography series ; no. 2.
- Alternative Title
- Civil War general, Republican leader, Reconstruction governor
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Biography
- United States > Army > Biography
- Generals > United States > Biography
- Unionists (United States Civil War) > Texas > Biography
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) > Texas
- Republicanism > Texas > History > 19th century
- Texas > Politics and government > 1865-1950
- Texas > Politics and government > 1846-1865
- Governors > Texas > Biography
- Davis, E. J (Edmund Jackson), 1827-1883
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 313-322) and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- A Southern born man -- Creation of a Texas Unionist, 1855-1862 -- Civil War service -- Postwar Unionist -- Unionism to republicanism -- Davis and the Republican schism : the Constitutional Convention of 1868-1869 -- The election of 1869 -- E.J. Davis and the future of Texas : the legislative program -- The fight against lawlessness and violence -- Edmund Davis, Texas politics, and the destiny of republicanism -- The struggle for political survival : searching for new political strategy and national recognition -- A new political direction.
- 9780875654058 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0875654053 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library