Gibbons v. Ogden, law, and society in the early republic / Thomas H. Cox.
- Gibbons v. Ogden, law, and society in the early republic / Thomas H. Cox.
- Cox, Thomas H.
- Athens : Ohio University Press, c2009.
Items in the Library & Off-site
1 Result Found
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||KF228.G528 C69 2009||Off-site|
- xvi, 260 p. : ill., map; 24 cm.
- Uniform Title
- Project Muse UPCC books
- Alternative Title
- Gibbons versus Ogden, law, and society in the early republic
- Geschichte 1824
- USA > Supreme Court
- Steamboats > Law and legislation > Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.) > History > 19th century
- Inland navigation > Law and legislation > United States > History > 19th century
- Interstate commerce > Law and legislation > United States > History > 19th century
- Fulton, Robert, 1765-1815 > Trials, litigation, etc
- Ogden, Aaron, 1756-1839 > Trials, litigation, etc
- Gibbons, Thomas, 1757-1826 > Trials, litigation, etc
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Steam power and patent law development in the eighteenth century -- Origins of the Fulton-Livingston monopoly -- Corporate negotiations -- Defending the monopoly -- Interstate competition -- Personal rivalries and lawsuits -- The road to the U.S. Supreme Court -- Strategies and deliberations -- The Gibbons decision and popular reaction -- The decline of the New York steamboat monopoly.
- 9780821418451 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0821418459 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780821418468 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0821418467 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library