The Shanghai papers / Annette W. Balkema, Li Ning, Xiang Liping (editors).
- The Shanghai papers / Annette W. Balkema, Li Ning, Xiang Liping (editors).
- Ostfildern : Hatje Cantz, 2008.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||N6496.3 .C6S52 2008||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 130 p. : ill.; 22 cm.
- ""Better City, Better Life?" is the motto of the next International Exposition, which will take place in Shanghai in 2010, and it is also the focus of the 2008 Shanghai Biennale. The exhibition's theme is China's increasing urbanization, the rapid expansion of ever larger numbers of big cities, and the sociocultural revolutions that go hand in hand with this development. Its curators focus on people and the specific circumstances of their lives in this dynamic urban environment." "This assembly of texts accompanying the Shanghai Biennale features material on urbanization and the problems closely associated with it: migration, identity, and globalization. The book also contains comments by all 612 of the participating artists on this complex of themes and the works they are showing."--BOOK JACKET.
- Alternative Title
- Shanghai wen ji
- Artists' writings.
- Collection of texts written by participating artists and published in conjunction with the exhibition '7th Shanghai Biennale, Translocalmotion,' organized by the Shanghai Art Museum, September 9 - November 16, 2008
- Exhibition catalog.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Models for (the) people / Tiong Ang -- Me-you + system-cinema + passageway (NBP) / Ricardo Basbaum -- Stealing beauty / Guy Ben-Ner -- Sahara chronicle / Ursula Biemann -- Immigrant city / Big Dipper Group, Liu Yue -- The relationship between the city and immigration / Big Dipper Group, Wu Lizhong -- Responses / Bu Hua -- Entropology / Mariana Castillo Deball -- My language / Chen Yun -- Responses / Chen Zhiguang -- Public space as weightless space / Jürgen Drescher, Raimar Stange -- Urban life / Ayse Erkmen -- Uncanny surfaces / Inci Eviner -- Responses / Harun Farocki -- Supreme driving machine / Rainer Ganahl -- The peripheral man / Zvi Goldstein -- Responses / He Wenjue -- Shanghai, shall we dance? / Huang Hsinchien -- Responses / Bethan Huws -- New media, new problems / Jia Zhangke -- Responses / Jin Shi -- An inescapable force / Jing Shijian -- Kandor-Con / Mike Kelley --
- Data roam_ing add#03 / Sanggil Kim -- Are there six / Suchan Kinoshita -- Supplier of cultural resources / Lin Chuanchu -- We are all migrants / Liu Ming -- Responses / Liu Ye -- Responses / Lu Hao -- Globalization/city/migrant/kuaike/change / Ma Baozhong -- Truthmove / Angelika Mantz -- Responses / Klaus Mettig -- Email conversation / Roman Ondak & Annette W. Balkema -- A trialogue on Nervus Rerum / Otolith Group -- Stations of cinema : a short tale about storytelling in free images / Ulrike Ottinger -- Responses / Thomas Ruff -- Responses / Son Kuk Gyon -- MIssion impossible : an interview about the project 'DeriVeD' with Jon Solomon / Hito Steyerl -- Responses / Su Xinping -- Responses / Tang Maohong -- The movie camera as exhibition object : a border-crossing cinema eye / Lonnie Van Brummelen & Siebren De Haan -- Kial vi ne skribas min plu? / Mieke Van De Voort --
- Shanghai dreaming : holding an urban gold card / Jeanne Van Heeswijk -- Reflections / Clemens Von Wedemeyer -- Responses / Wang Qiang -- Praise for life / Wang Qingsong -- Answers / Lawrence Weiner -- A description of my work / Wu Mingzhong -- Reflections / Yang Shaobin -- Responses / Yangah Ham -- My answer to the ten questions of the Shanghai papers / Yin Xiuzhen -- Responses / Yu Fan -- Responses / Yu Hua -- The dragon / Yue Minjun -- Responses / Zeng Hao -- Responses / Zhang Enli -- Tower of Babel / Zhang Qing -- Results of globalization / Zhang Weijie -- Responses / Zhou Tao -- Never take off / Zhu Jia.
- 9783775723220 (pbk.)
- 3775723226 (pbk.)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library