Anthology of Australian Aboriginal literature / edited by Anita Heiss and Peter Minter ; general editor, Nicholas Jose.
- Anthology of Australian Aboriginal literature / edited by Anita Heiss and Peter Minter ; general editor, Nicholas Jose.
- Montréal ; Ithaca : McGill-Queen's University Press, c2008.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PR9614.5.A94 A57 2008||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xviii, 260; 23 cm.
- Literary collections
- "First published in Australia by Allen & Unwin as part of the Macquarie PEN anthology of literature project"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -249) and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Aboriginal Literature / Anita Heiss and Peter Minter -- Letter to Mr Philips, Lord Sydney's Steward / Bennelong (c. 1764-1813) -- The Aboriginal or Flinders Island Chronicle ; The Flinders Island Weekly Chronicle ; Weekly Chronicle / Bennelong (c. 1764-1813) -- Mary Ann Arthur (c. 1819-1871) Letter to Colonial Secretary, Van Diemen's Land / Mary Ann Arthur (c. 1819-1871) -- Walter George Arthur (c. 1820-1861) -- Letter to Colonial Secretary, Van Diemen's Land / Walter George Arthur (c. 1820-1861) --Letter to Edith Brangy / Kitty Brangy (c. 1859-1918) -- Letter to the Editor by the Coranderrk Aborigines / William Barak (c. 1824-1903) -- Letter to Solicitor, for Captain Page, Secretary of the Victorian Board for the Protection of Aborigines / Annie Rich (c. 1859-1937) -- Letter to the Editor / Bessie Cameron (c. 1851-1895) -- Petition to D.N. McLeod, Vice-Chairman of the Victorian Board for the Protection of Aborigines / Maggie Mobourne (c. 1872-1917) -- Aborigines, Their Traditions and Customs : Where Did They Come From? ; David Unaipon (1872-1967) -- Hungarrda ; Narrinyeri Saying ; The Voice of the Great Spirit / David Unaipon (1872-1967) -- Letter to Jim Bassett / Norman Harris (c. 1898-1968) -- Letter to Jim Bassett / William Cooper (c. 1861-1941) -- Under the Black Flag / Anna Morgan (1874-1935) -- Aborigines Claim Citizen Rights! / William Ferguson (1882-1950) and John Patten (1905-1957) -- Radio Broadcast / Pearl Gibbs (1901-1983) -- Speech Launching the Petition of the Federal Council for Aboriginal Advancement ; Aboriginal Charter of Rights ; The Dispossessed ; We Are Going ; Assimilation, No! ; Integration, Yes! ; The Dawn is at Hand ; No More Boomerang ; Ballad of the Totems / OODGEROO Noonuccal (1920-1993) -- Letter to the Editor / Doug Nicholls (1906-1988) -- Yirrkala Bark Petition / Yirrkala People -- Gurindji Petition to Lord Casey, Governor General / Narritjin Maymuru (c. 1916-1981), Vincent Lingiari (1919-1988) -- The Boomerang Racket / Joe Timbery (1912-1978) -- Letter to the Editor / Charles Perkins (1936-2000) -- The First-born ; The Black Tracker ; Warru ; Integration ; Walker ; From No Sugar / Jack Davis (1917-2000) -- To Number One Fella Big White Boss / John A. Newfong (1943-1999) -- From Here Comes the Nigger / Gerry Bostock (b. 1942) -- From Karobran / Monica Clare (1924-1973) -- People Are Legends ; From The Cherry Pickers ; Me and Jackomari Talkin' About Land Rights ; Redfern ; Tree ; Speech at the Aboriginal Tent Embassy, Canberra ; Song of Dreamtime / Kevin Gilbert (1933-1993) -- Shields Strong, Nulla Nullas Alive ; Decorative Rasp, Weaved Roots ; Ecology ; For I Come ... Death in Custody ; Kath Walker ; Dulpai-Ila Ngari Kim Mo-Man ; Alcheringa / Lionel Fogarty (b. 1958) -- The Slaughters of the Bulumwaal Butcher / Bruce Pascoe (b. 1947) -- From Pride Against Prejudice / Ida West (1919-2003) -- From Pride Against Prejudice / Eric Willmot (b. 1936) -- From Wandering Girl / Glenyse Ward (b. 1949) -- From My Place / Sally Morgan (b. 1951) -- Gurrwayi Gurrwayi, The Rain Bird ; Wangkaja, The Mangrove Crab / Pat Torres (b. 1956) -- From Don't Take Your Love to Town / Ruby Langford Ginibi (b. 1934) -- The Burnum Burnum Declaration / Burnum Burnum (1936-1997) -- 'Sitting, wondering, do I have a place here?' / Errol West (1947-2001) -- Barunga Statement / Galarrwuy Yunupingu (b. 1948) -- Ahh ... Bush-Honey There! / Bill Neidjie (c. 1913-2002) -- Brown Skin Baby / Bob Randall (b. 1934) -- From The Kadaitcha Sung / Sam Watson (b. 1952) -- Six Feet of Land Rights ; Holocaust Island / Graeme Dixon (b. 1955) -- Took the Children Away / Archie Roach (b. 1955) -- From Bran Nue Dae / Jimmy Chi (b. 1948) -- Treaty / Mandawuy Yunupingu (b. 1956 -- From Yinti / Jimmy Pike (c. 1940-2002) -- From Sweet Water ... Stolen Land / Philip Mclaren (b. 1943) -- From Little Things Big Things Grow / Kev Carmody (b. 1946).
- Welcome Speech to Conference on the Positon of Indigenous People in National Constitutions / Patrick Dodson (b. 1948) -- From 'Well, I heard it on the Radio and I Saw it on the Television ... ' / Marcia Langton (b. 1951) -- From Auntie Rita / Rita Huggins (1921-1996) and Jackie Huggins (b. 1956) -- From And I Always Been Moving! / Jessie Lennon (c. 1925-2000) -- Genocide is Never Justified ; Don't Let It Make You Over ; I Shall Surprise You by My Will / Romaine Moreton (b. 1969) -- Boat People -- Big Trial / Herb Wharton (b. 1936) -- From Follow the Rabbit-Proof Fence / Doris Pilkington (b. 1937) -- The Wool Pickers / Alf Taylor (b. 1947) -- Women's Liberation; Woman of the Dreaming ; Urbanised Reebocks ; Taxi / Lisa Bellear (1961-2006) -- We All Bear the Cost if Apology is Not Paid / Mick Dodson (b. 1950) -- From Plains of Promise ; From Carpentaria / Alix Wright (b. 1950) -- From Steam Pigs / Melissa Lucashenko (b. 1967) -- A Poem for Gran / John Muk Muk Burke (b. 1946) -- Uluru by Champagne ; Emily Kngwarreye / Jennifer Martiniello (b. 1949) -- The Tunnel Rats of Phuoc Tuy / Kenny Laughton (b. 1950) -- From Benang / Kim Scott (b. 1957) -- The Bastards / Barbara Nicholson (b. 1935) -- Two World One / Richard Frankland (b. 1963) -- Let's Get Physical / Kerry Reed-Gilbert (b. 1956) -- From Bitin' Back / Vivienne Cleven (b. 1968) -- The need for Intolerance / Noel Pearson (b. 1965) -- From Black Media / Wesley Enoch (b. 1969) -- Recipe for Metropolis Brisbane ; For the Wake and Skeleton Dance ; White Stucco Dreaming ; Cheap White-goods at the Dreamtime Sale / Samuel Wagan Watson (b. 1972) -- Dorothy's Skin / Dennis McDermott (b. 1946) -- From Home / Larissa Behrendt (b. 1969) -- From The N Word / Stephen Hagan (b. 1959) -- planegarrartoothenar / Jim Everett (b. 1942) -- The True History of Beruk / Tony Birch (b. 1957) -- Exotica / Terri Janke (b. 1957) -- The Healing Tree / Jared Thomas (b. 1976) -- From Swallow the Air / Tara June Winch (b. 1983).
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library