Sports mania : essays on fandom and the media in the 21st century / edited by Lawrence W. Hugenberg, Paul M. Haridakis, and Adam C. Earnheardt.
- Sports mania : essays on fandom and the media in the 21st century / edited by Lawrence W. Hugenberg, Paul M. Haridakis, and Adam C. Earnheardt.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2008.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Use in library||GV742 .S673 2008||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- vi, 287 p. : ill.; 23 cm.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 257-278) and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Playing dirty : on reading media texts and studying sports fans in commercialized settings / Lawrence A. Wenner -- Patriots and saints : how the NFL helped America cope with terrorists and natural disasters / Steven E. Martin and Amanda Breitenfeldt -- Two nations, two networks, one game : an analysis of the ESPN and Univision telecasts of the 2002 Mexico-United States World Cup match / John P. McGuire and Greg G. Armfield -- Exploring the roots of sports fanship / Walter Gantz [and others] -- Coping strategies of highly identified sports fans : the importance of team success on tendencies to utilize proactive pessimism / Daniel L. Wann and Frederick G. Grieve -- Understanding the voice of the fan : Apologia, Antapologia, and the 2006 World Cup controversy / Paul D. Turman, Kevin A. Stein, and Matthew H. Barton -- Consequences of sports fan identification / Beth Dietz-Uhler and Jason R. Lanter -- I am Yao Ming : identification and internet fan discussion / Katherine L. Lavelle -- Advances in theories of sports fans' motives : fan personal motives and the emotional impacts of games and their outcomes / Lloyd Reynolds Sloan and Debbie Van Camp -- Exploring fandom and motives for viewing televised sports / Adam C. Earnheardt and Paul M. Haridakis -- NASCAR fans in their own words : motivation expressed in narratives / Lawrence W. Hugenberg and Barbara Hugenberg -- Exploring the motives of fantasy sports : a uses-and-gratifications approach / John S.W. Spinda and Paul M. Haridakis -- "Let the domination begin" : sports fans' construction of identity in online message boards / Kelly A. Berg and Allison Harthcock -- "It's (not) in the game" : the quest for quantitative realism and the Madden football fan / Andrew Baerg -- Virtual sports consumption, authentic brotherhood : the reality of fantasy football / Michael Serazio -- Florida Gator nation online / Rebecca B. Watts.
- 9780786437269 (softcover : alk. paper)
- 078643726X (softcover : alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library