Excessive medical spending : facing the challenge / edited by Norman J. Temple and Andrew Thompson ; [foreword by Merrill Goozner].
- Excessive medical spending : facing the challenge / edited by Norman J. Temple and Andrew Thompson ; [foreword by Merrill Goozner].
- Oxford ; Seattle : Radcliffe Publishing, c2007.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Use in library||RA410 .E97 2007||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xix, 195 p. : ill.; 25 cm.
- Medical care, Cost of
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- The cost of medical care: how much is too much? -- Andrew Thompson and Norman J. Temple -- The nuts and bolts of medical research / Norman J. Temple and Andrew Thompson -- Conflict of interest: a major problem in medical research / Joy Fraser -- Drug regulation: two paradigms in conflict / Joel Lexchin -- The marketing of drugs: how drug companies manipulate the prescribing habits of doctors / Audrey Balay-Karperian, [et al.] -- Pricing pharmaceutical drugs in the USA / Donald W. Light -- Potential savings from therapeutic substitution of 10 of Canada's most dispensed prescription drugs / Alan Cassels and Joel Lexchin -- Statins: is the net being thrown too wide? / Andrew Thompson and Norman J. Temple -- Modern western medicine: lots of bucks -- where's the bang? / Norman J. Temple and Joy Fraser -- Genetics, genomic medicine, and achieving better population health: a flawed strategy? / Patricia A. Baird and Norman J. Temple -- Issues in screening for cancer / Luc Bonneux -- The Canadian National Breast Screening Study: science meets controversy / Cornelia J. Baines -- Screening for breast cancer: benefits versus costs / Andrew Thompson and Norman J. Temple -- Screening for cervical cancer by Pap tests / Andrew Thompson and Norman J. Temple -- Paying for what works: the Reference Drug Program as a model for rational policy-making / Alan Cassels and Norman J. Temple -- Disease prevention: the neglected alternative / Norman J. Temple -- Promoting the health of the medical profession: environmentalism and commercialism in medical education / Iahn Gonsenhauser [et al.] -- A proposed new grand strategy: an integrated health system for the 21st century / Norman J. Temple and Andrew Thompson.
- 9781846191688 (pbk.)
- 1846191688 (pbk.)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library