Bayou plantation country cookbook / by Anne Butler.
- Bayou plantation country cookbook / by Anne Butler.
- Butler, Anne, 1944-
- Gretna, La. : Pelican Pub. Co., c2006.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Use in library||TX715.2.L68 H34 2006||Off-site|
- 192 p. : ill.; 29 cm.
- "Packed with family anecdotes and lore, this cookbook eases you into the kitchen by way of a personal invitation to “visit” with the family. Like any good Southern host, Butler offers hospitality capped with great food and lively drink. Create chicken and sausage gumbo from the recipe offered by Oak Alley Plantation or mix a brisk Nottoway Plantation mint julep while you read about the Randolph girls and their life on the White Castle, Louisiana, homestead. Also prominently displayed are recipes from hardworking fishermen who earn a living harvesting seafood from Louisiana waters. The ingredients for stuffed seafood, including fish, crabs, and shrimp, come from the far reaches of Grand Isle, a barrier island offering recreation and community life" -- publisher website (January 2007).
- Cooking, American > Louisiana style
- Includes index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Lower Louisiana Highway One -- Poplar Grove Plantation -- Nottoway Plantation -- Soul in Yo bowl -- Modonna Chapel -- River Road African American museum -- Chef John Folse -- Oak Alley Plantation -- Spuddy's Cajun foods -- Laura: a Creole Sugar Plantation -- St. Joseph Plantation -- Madewood Plantation -- The Edward Douglass White House: Louisiana State Museum -- Naquin's bed & breakfast -- Laurel Valley Plantation -- Rienzi Plantation -- Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center, Jean Lafitte National Park -- The Culinary herpetologist -- The Houma Indians of Bayou country -- Historic Southdown Plantation house and the Terrebonne Museum -- The Minors of Southdown -- Magnolia Plantation -- Magical storybook Ardoyne -- Molasses -- Dat damn nutr'a rat -- Foret's fine French foods -- Oysters: the Louisiana coast's fabulous fresh seafood harvests -- Shrimp boats a 'coming -- Louisiana's vanishing coastline -- Grand Isle and Louisiana's coastal islands -- Old Grand Isle -- Port Fourchon.
- 9781589803190 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1589803191 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library