- Food and the memory : proceedings of the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cooker, 2000 / edited by Harlan Walker.
- Oxford Symposium on Food & Cookery (2000 : Saint Antony's College)
- Devon, England : Prospect Books, 2001.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||TX345 .O94 2000||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Walker, Harlan.
- 318 p. : ill.; 25 cm.
- Conference papers and proceedings
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Folk tale memories as illustrated and interpreted in the fairy story of Hansel and Gretel / Joan P. Alcock -- Madeleines and other aides-mémoires : the importance of food references in Proust's Recherche / Rose Arnold -- Omiyage : constructed memories and reconstructed travel in Japan / Michael Ashkenazi -- Language of flavour : learning and memory / Anthony Blake -- Amarcord : the flavour of buried memories / John F. Carafoli -- Spice memories / Fred Czarra -- Dining with the Caesars / Andrew Dalby -- Journeys through smell and taste : home, self, identity / Ferda Erdinç -- Whisky sours, flapjacks and woodsmoke : a century in the life of an Adirondack picnic / Elizabeth Field -- Memories of M.F.K. Fisher / Geraldene Holt -- Memory as a culinary skill and necessity / Philip Iddison -- Remembrance of meals past : cooking by Apicius' book / Cathy K. Kaufman -- Diet of the Greeks : 'genetic' and recent memories / Sotiris Kitrilakis and Lidia Kitrilakis -- Food as a vehicle for remembering : the case of the Thessalonikan Jews / Vasiliki Kravna -- Notes on an eighteenth-century manuscript recipe book / Janet Laurence -- Food history and the death of memory / Gerald Mars and Valerie Mars -- Digest of memory : food, health and upbringing in early childhood / Stephen Massil -- Damra bound : Indian echoes in Guyanese foodways / Gaitri Pagrach-Chandra -- Scientific approach to flavours and olfactory memory / Marcia Levin Pelchat and Fritz Blank -- Learning by mouth : edible aids to literacy / Gillian Riley -- Food and forgetfulness at Socratic symposia / Luciana Romeri -- Memory factor in American breakfast joints / Robert Rubright -- Devouring the city / Alice Wooledge Salmon -- From pharmacy to fast food : the evolution of the Persian kitchen / Margaret Shaida -- Slice of the moon / Sue Shephard -- Bialy eaters : the story of a bread and a lost world / Mimi Sheraton -- Passionate for the pasty : the Cornish pasty in Michigan's Upper Peninsula / Leslie Cory Shoemaker -- False memories : the invention of culinary fakelore and food fallacies / Andrew F. Smith -- Memories of a vanishing Eskimo cuisine / Zona Spray -- Prisoners of the rising sun : food memories of American POWs in the Far East during World War II / Jan Thompson -- Between their memories and mine : confit revisited / Renée Valeri -- Velveeta chronicles : a food memoir / Phyllis Weaver -- Memories of a time, plce and people where food nurtured intimate social community values : Thai street vendors, a vanishing human connection / Su-Mei Yu -- Breakfast in memory / Sami Zubaida.
- 1903018161 (pbk.)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library