Disappearing peasantries? : rural labour in Africa, Asia and Latin America / edited by Deborah Bryceson, Cristobal Kay and Jos Mooij.
- Disappearing peasantries? : rural labour in Africa, Asia and Latin America / edited by Deborah Bryceson, Cristobal Kay and Jos Mooij.
- London : Intermediate Technology Publications, 2000.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||HD1542 .D57 2000||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- x, 333 p. : ill., map; 23 cm.
- Alternative Title
- Rural labour in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- 1. Peasant Theories and Smallholder Policies: Past and Present / Deborah Fahy Bryceson -- 2. African Peasants' Centrality and Marginality: Rural Labour Transformations / Deborah Fahy Bryceson -- 3. Modernization and Adjustment in African Peasant Agriculture / Philip Raikes -- 4. Veiled Conflicts: Peasant Differentiation, Gender and Structural Adjustment in Nigerian Hausaland / Kate Meagher -- 5. The Politics of Peasant Ethnic Communities and Urban Civil Society: Reflections on an African Dilemma / Mahmood Mamdani -- 6. Peasant Wars in Africa: Gone with the Wind? / Robert Buijtenhuijs -- 7. Latin America's Agrarian Transformation: Peasantization and Proletarianization / Cristobal Kay -- 8. Towards a Reconstruction of Cuba's Agrarian Transformation: Peasantization, De-peasantization and Re-peasantization / Carmen Diana Deere -- 9. The Mexican Peasantry and the Ejido in the Neo-liberal Period / Magdalena Barros Nock -- 10. Global-Local Links in Latin America's New Ruralities / Luis Llambi -- 11. Structural Adjustment, Peasant Differentiation and the Environment in Central America / Kees Jansen -- 12. Changing Peasantries in Asia / Jos Mooij -- 13. Labour and Landlessness in South and South-east Asia / Jan Breman -- 14. Responsibility without Rights: Women Workers in Bonded Labour in Rural Industry in South India / Karin Kapadia -- 15. The Fate of the Chinese Peasantry since 1978 / Chris Bramall and Marion E. Jones -- 16. Japan's New 'Peasants' / John Knight -- 17. Disappearing Peasantries? Rural Labour Redundancy in the Neo-liberal Era and Beyond / Deborah Fahy Bryceson.
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library