Nixon : an Oliver Stone film / edited by Eric Hamburg.
- Nixon : an Oliver Stone film / edited by Eric Hamburg.
- New York : Hyperion, c1995.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Use in library||PN1997.N5234 O44 1995||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xx, 566 p. : ill.; 24 cm.
- A generation after Watergate, Nixon remains the dominant American political figure. The Nixon Presidency, with its achievements and failures culminating with the Watergate scandal, will linger at the forefront of our political conscience. With hindsight, Richard Nixon appears to be a tragic figure of Shakespearean proportions, a man whose story is at once compelling and infuriating - and worthy of further examination. In this companion to the film, which includes the complete screenplay with full annotation, footnotes, documentation, a comprehensive bibliography, and an interview with Oliver Stone, Nixon emerges as a political leader governed by personal demons. In the tradition of the tragic hero, Nixon has left us a complicated legacy. This compilation, which includes essays by prominent figures associated with Nixon and Watergate, previously classified memos and documents from the Nixon White House, and transcripts of Nixon's taped conversations in the Oval Office, sheds new light on Nixon, the man behind the powerful figure, and the political machine that catapulted him to the top.
- Alternative Title
- "Includes the original screenplay by Stephen J. Rivele, Christopher Wilkinson, and Oliver Stone."
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -318).
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Foreword / Robert Scheer -- Introduction / Eric Hamburg -- Interview with Oliver Stone / Michael Singer -- pt. 1. Essays. Oliver Stone's Look at Nixon's Footprints / John Dean. Nixon's Secrets / Daniel Schorr. The Nixon Perplex / E. Howard Hunt. Nixon's Policies Didn't End Communism / Michael Mandelbaum. Nixon in the Jungle / Jim Hougan. The CIA, Assassination, and Nixon / Stephen J. Rivele. Nixon's Tapes: The 18 1/2-Minute Gap / Alexander Butterfield. The Love Song of Richard M. Nixon / Frank Mankiewicz. Richard Nixon: Man and Monument / Stanley I. Kutler. Richard Nixon: The Loner / John Sears. The Year of the Beast / Christopher Wilkinson. Mission Impossible / Eugenio Martinez. Nixon and Arms Control / Paul H. Nitze -- pt. 2. Nixon: The Original Annotated Screenplay. Nixon -- pt. 3. Watergate Documents and Tapes. Contents: Watergate Documents and Tapes.
- 0786881577 :
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library