Public duty and private conscience in seventeenth-century England : essays presented to G.E. Aylmer / edited by John Morrill, Paul Slack, and Daniel Woolf.
- Public duty and private conscience in seventeenth-century England : essays presented to G.E. Aylmer / edited by John Morrill, Paul Slack, and Daniel Woolf.
- Oxford [England] : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1993.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||DA 375 .P85 1993||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- viii, 347 p. : ill.; 23 cm.
- Uniform Title
- University press scholarship online.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography (note)
- Bibliography of the writings of G.E. Aylmer: p. -333.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Gerald Aylmer at Balliol / Christopher Hill -- Gerald Aylmer in Manchester and York / Gordon Leff -- Gerald Aylmer as a scholar / Austin Woolrych -- Cases of conscience in seventeenth-century England / Keith Thomas -- Public duty, conscience, and women in early modern England / Patricia Crawford -- Private conscience and public duty in the writings of James VI and I / Kevin Sharpe -- Divine rights in the early seventeenth century / Conrad Russell -- The conflicting loyalties of a v̀ulger counselor' : the Third Earl of Southampton, 1597-1624 / Neil Cuddy -- The public conscience of Henry Sherfield / Paul Slack -- William Dowsing, the bureaucratic Puritan / John Morrill -- A man of conscience in seventeenth-century urban politics : Alderman Hoyle of York / Claire Cross.
- The King's servants : conscience, principle, and sacrifice in armed Royalism / P.R. Newman -- Conscience, constancy, and ambition in the career and writings of James Howell / Daniel Woolf -- Official members in the Commons, 1660-1690 : a study in multiple loyalties / John Ferris -- William Penn's odyssey : from child of light to absentee landlord / Richard S. Dunn -- A select bibliography of the writings of G.E. Aylmer, 1957-1990 / William Sheils.
- 0198202296 :
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library