Literature and black aesthetics / editors, Dele Orisawayi ... [et al.] ; general editor, Ernest N. Emenyonu.
- Literature and black aesthetics / editors, Dele Orisawayi ... [et al.] ; general editor, Ernest N. Emenyonu.
- Ibadan : Heinemann Educational Books (Nigeria), 1990.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||PR9340.5 .L58 1990||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xvi, 339 p.; 24 cm.
- Series Statement
- Calabar studies in African literature ; 5
- University of Calabar International Conference on African Literature and the English Language. Calabar studies in African literature ; 5.
- Calabar (1990)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc
- Children > Books and reading > Africa
- Short stories, African (English) > History and criticism
- Folk literature, African > History and criticism
- Children's literature, African > History and criticism
- African literature (French) > History and criticism
- African literature (English) > History and criticism
- Calabar (1990)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Ideology and aesthetics : the African dilemma / S.E Ogude (12 p.). -- The outsider in West African fiction / Chinyere Nwahunanya (20 p.). -- The role of Africa in the identity and self-image of Afro-Americans : the example of Killen's The cotillion / B.E.C Oguzie (11 p.). -- The Afro-American and the predicament of Americanization : Baldwin and Killens / Chidi T Maduka (12 p.). -- The bluest eye and the American dream / Phyllis Hastings (9 p.). -- A redefinition of the ideal Caribbean identity : an aesthetic evaluation of Earl Lovelace's The school master and The dragon can't dance / Anthonia A Ekpa (20 p.).
- The aesthetics of time, omen and totem in West African novels in French / Uche A Ogike (14 p.). -- Traditional African drama : the dynamics of total integration / Ebele O Eko (9 p.). -- The oral foundations of Nigerian written poetry / Chika Nwankwo (13 p.). -- The ideophone in oral literature / Michael E Ekere (15 p.). -- Transmission of the folktale by print : the question of authenticity and reliability / Sam Ukala (13 p.). -- The short story in Africa : the Nigerian situation / P.O Iheakaram (15 p.). -- A dual sensibility : the short story in Ghana, 1944-80 / J.E.K Agovi (25 p.).
- Writing and publishing for children : Nigerian children's literature in English : a critique / Catherine O Acholonu (14 p.). -- Adolescent literature in English in Nigeria : a study of Macmillan Publishers' Pacesetter series / Sunday A Agwu (11 p.). -- Content and narrative forms in the Nigerian child's literature : the case of the Tiv child's written literature / G.A Gundu (13 p.). -- Style as tension and meaning in Ayi Kwei Armah's Two thousand seasons / S.I Duruoha (15 p.). -- Towards a new form of African theatre : theatre-in-the-round performance in Ola Rotimi's drama / Effiok B Uwatt (17 p.). -- Literature and truth : the epistemological imagination of Okpewho in The last duty / J.N Ogu (8 p.). -- The foot as metaphor in female dreams : analysis of Zaynab Alkali's novels / Chioma Opara (11 p.). -- Reflecting the times : radicalism in recent female-oriented fiction in Nigeria / Theodora Akachi Ezeigbo (15 p.). -- Voices and choices : the feminist dilemma in four African novels / Helen Chukwuma (12 p.). -- Metaphors and dialectics in the poetry of Tchikaya U. Tamsi / Nwabueze J Obinagu (16 p.). -- Linguistic subjectivity in Mariama Ba's Une si longue lettre / B.O Okiwelu (14 p.).
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library