The Minnesota ethnic food book / Anne R. Kaplan, Marjorie A. Hoover, Willard B. Moore.
- The Minnesota ethnic food book / Anne R. Kaplan, Marjorie A. Hoover, Willard B. Moore.
- Kaplan, Anne R., 1951-
- Saint Paul : Minnesota Historical Society Press, 1986.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||TX715 .K186 1986||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- xii, 449 p. : ill.; 27 cm.
- This classic guide explores Minnesota's rich landscape of food and cultural heritage by describing the traditional foods and foodways of many of the state's ethnic groups, and describes the meals and customs related to these foods. More than 150 authentic recipes including Swedish meatballs, Creole chicken, Hmong stir-fried chicken with vegetables, Greek artichoke pilaf, German saurbraten and Danish custard cream layer cake--from cover.
- Includes indexes.
- Processing Action (note)
- committed to retain
- Introduction: on ethnic foodways -- Ojibway: Ojibway recipes -- Blacks: Black recipes -- Mexicans: Mexican recipes -- British: British recipes -- Germans: German recipes -- Sandinavians -- Norweigians: Norwegian recipes -- Danes: Danish recipes -- Swedes: Swedish recipes -- Finns: Finnish recipes -- Greeks: Greek recipes -- Italians: Italian recipes -- Jews: Jewish recipes -- South Slavs: South Slavic recipes -- Hmong: Hmong recipes.
- 0873511980 (pbk.)
- Owning Institutions
- Harvard Library