The Scottish National Covenant in its British context
- The Scottish National Covenant in its British context / edited by John Morrill.
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press ; New York : Distributed in North America by Columbia University Press, , ©1990.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
Not available - Please for assistance.
|Text||Request in advance||DA803.6 .S36 1990g||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Morrill, J. S. (John Stephen)
- vi, 218 pages; 23 cm
- "This book celebrates the three hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the signing of the National Covenant in 1638, and originates from a conference held at the University of Edinburgh on 17 and 18 September 1988."--P. iv.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The National Covenant in its British context / John Morrill -- The "Politick Christian": the theological background to the National Covenant / Margaret Steele -- The making of the National Covenant / Edward J. Cowan -- The Scottish National Covenant and British politics, 1638-1640 / Peter Donald -- The Scottish Constitution, 1638-1651. The rise and fall of oligarchic centralism / Allan J. Macinnes -- Scotland turned Sweden: the Scottish Covenanters and the military revolution, 1638-1651 / Edward M. Furgol -- Courtiers and cavaliers: service, Anglicization and loyalty among the Royalist nobility / Keith M. Brown -- Ireland and Scotland 1638-1648 / M. Perceval-Maxwell.
- 0748602038 :
- gb 90042061
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries