Die tote Stadt = La città morta : opera in tre quadri
- Die tote Stadt = La città morta : opera in tre quadri / una produzione Dynamic ; dal Teatro La Fenice, Venezia ; libretto al Paul Schott ; dal dramma "Le mirage" e dal romanzo "Bruges la Morte" di Georges Rodenbach ; musica di Erich Wolfgang Korngold ; regia, scene e costumi, Pier Luigi Pizzi ; regia video, Tiziano Mancini ; [staging by Fondazione Teatro La Fenice ; in corporation with Fondazione Teatro Massimo di Palermo].
- Genova, Italy : Dynamic, , ©2011.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Moving image||Use in library||MUSDVD1597||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Korngold, Erich Wolfgang, 1897-1957
- Schott, Paul
- Kringelborn, Solveig, 1963-
- Vinke, Stefan
- Genz, Stephan, 1973-
- Mayer, Christa
- Marguerre, Eleonore
- Inbal, Eliahu
- Pizzi, Pier Luigi, 1930-
- Mancini, Tiziano
- Rodenbach, Georges, 1855-1898.
- Korngold, Erich Wolfgang, 1897-1957.
- Teatro La Fenice, performer, producer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/pro
- Teatro massimo (Palermo, Italy), performer, producer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/pro
- Piccoli Cantori Veneziani, performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- Dynamic (Firm), producer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/pro
- 1 videodisc (148 min.) : sound, color; 4 3/4 in.
- In 19th-century Bruges, Belgium, a middle-class man, Paul, cannot come to terms with the death of his wife Marie. He keeps a Temple of Memories in her honor, including paintings and photographs. His friend Frank introduces him to a woman named Marietta who exactly resembles Marie. After she leaves, Paul is torn between his loyalty to Marie and his interest in Marietta and begins to hallucinate. Much of the rest of the opera takes place inside Paul's imagination, as he imagines being with Marietta while clinging to the memory of his wife. Paul eventually decides if he will move on with his life.
- Alternative Title
- Città morta
- Dead city
- Filmed performances.
- Nonfiction films.
- Concert films.
- Program notes and synopsis in English, French, German and Italian (16 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Credits (note)
- Choreography, Marco Berriel; video editing, Marco Scalfi.
- Event (note)
- Recorded live in performance at Teatro La Fenice in January 2009.
- System Details (note)
- DVD; NTSC; 2.0 Dolby digital, linear PCM stereo sound format.
- Language (note)
- Sung in German, with optional subtitles in English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries