Electronic works 3
- Electronic works 3 / Morton Subotnick ; [produced by Brian Brandt].
- Subotnick, Morton
- New York, NY : Mode Records, , ©2011.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Moving image||Use in library||MUSDVD1574||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 videodisc (approximately 1 hrs., 23 min.) : sound, color; 4 3/4 in.
- This disc brings the first CD and surround release of the quadrophonic work for analog tape "4 Butterflies", and Subotnick's live remix/recomposition of the classic tape piece "Until Spring as Until Spring: Revisited". Subotnick and video artist SUE-C collaborate on Cloudless sulphur revisited, created especially for this DVD.
- Series Statement
- Electronic works in surround sound
- Uniform Title
- Computer music. Selections
- Electronic works in surround sound.
- Alternative Title
- Computer music.
- Electronic works three
- Volume 3 : electronic works
- Until spring revisited.
- Sky of cloudless sulphur revisited.
- Concert films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Documentary films.
- Video recordings.
- Video installations (Art)
- Music videos.
- Title from disc surface.
- Until spring: revisited (live video ; DVD only): recorded live in San Francisco, CA on Apr. 6, 2007.
- 4 butterflies was originally recorded in 1973.
- Booklet ( p. ; 12 cm) with program notes and an essay by Andy Battaglia in English, German, and French inserted in container.
- Extras include interviews with Subotnick, Frasconi, SUE-C, Sender; Butterfly no. 2 with video images by Morton Subotnick.
- Duration statement on container (2 hrs., 13 min.) includes both feature and special features duration.
- Credits (note)
- Until spring: revisited (live video ; DVD only): produced by Brian Brandt and Michael Hynes; directed by Tim Chu; edited by Anton Cabaleiro; remastering and mixing supervised by Morton Subotnick .
- 4 butterflies (DVD part): film composition and editing, Anton Cabaleiro; supervised by Morton Subotnick; remastering and mixing supervised by Morton Subotnick .
- Remastering and mixing supervised by Morton Subotnick.
- System Details (note)
- DVD-Video/Audio disc; NTSC, region 0; aspect ratio: 16:9; 96/24-bit HD; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (Audio 1), DTS Surround (Audio 2), or Dolby srereo (Audio 1)sound formats; DVD-Audio playable only with DVD-Audio player.
- Language (note)
- Interviews in English.
- Feature: Until spring: revisited (1976/2009 ; 37 min. 19 sec.) -- 4 butterflies (1973 ; 34 min. 38 sec.) -- A sky of cloudless sulphur revisited (1978/2011 ; 10 min. 8 sec.) -- Extras: An interview with Morton Subotnick, Miguel Frasconi, and Sue Costabile (SUE-C) (29 min., 3 sec.) -- interview with Subotnick and Ramon Sender (21 min., 20 sec.).
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries