Waves : voice and computer
- Waves : voice and computer / Charles Dodge ; [text from The waves by Virginia Woolf].
- Dodge, Charles, 1942-
- Lebanon, NH : Frog Peak Music, .
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Vol/Date||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|CD||Notated music||Use in library||75.5 D663 W3 CD||Off-site|
|Notated music||Use in library||75.5 D663 W3||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 score (13 p.); 36 cm. +
- "The Waves, for solo voice and tape, was composed specifically for Joan La Barbara, who performs live to an accompaniment derived from the qualities of her own voice. Dodge prerecorded La Barbara reciting the Woolf passage and performing specific extended vocal techniques. ... The digitized voice is employed both as sound source for computer extension and enhancement ... and also as a control for the frequency and amplitude of the purely computer-synthesized sounds"--Prelim. p.
- Commissioned by the M.I.T. Experimental Music Studio whose staff member, John Stautner collaborated very closely with the composer in designing the computer-synthsized and enhanced sounds in the work.
- Duration: 12:30.
- Reproduced from holograph.
- Program notes in English on prelim. p.; program notes for 14 June 1985 performance at Antioch College ( p.) appended at end.
- Language (note)
- English words, also printed as text on prelim. p.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries