Chamber music and songs
- Chamber music and songs [sound recording] / Walker.
- Walker, George, 1922-2018.
- [Hong Kong] : Naxos, c2010.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||CD18805||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 sound disc : digital; 4 3/4 in.
- Series Statement
- American classics
- Uniform Title
- Works. Selections
- American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
- Alternative Title
- Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble
- Dickinson, Emily, 1830-1886 > Musical settings
- Dunbar, Paul Laurence, 1872-1906 > Musical settings
- Wyatt, Thomas, Sir, 1503?-1542 > Musical settings
- Octets (English horn, flute, oboe, guitars (2), mandolin, violin, cello)
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 > Musical settings
- Eliot, T. S (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 > Musical settings
- Variations (Piano, 4 hands, clarinet)
- Songs (Medium voice) with piano
- String quartets
- Sekula, Irene > Musical settings
- The 4th work is a set of variations.
- The 1st & 3rd works for string quartet ; the 2nd work for two sopranos, bass, violin (doubling viola), cello, flute, clarinet, guitar, piano (doubling harpsichord), vibraphone (doubling percussion), and percussion ; the 4th for clarinet and piano 4 hands ; the 5th for flute, oboe (doubling English horn), guitar (doubling mandolin), guitar, violin, and cello ; the 6th-8th for mezzo-soprano and piano ; and the 9th & 10th for baritone and piano.
- Program notes by the composer and biographical notes on the performers and composer (6 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded at First Methodist Church, Jersey City, USA, in June (1st work) and August (3rd work) 2008 ; at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, USA, in August 1988 (2nd work) ; at WGBH FM, Boston, USA, in 1994 (4th work) ; at Sarah Lawrecne College, Bronxville, USA, in August 2005 (5th-8th works) ; and at George Walker's home, Montclair, USA, in August 2008 (9th & 10th works).
- String quartet no. 2 (1968 ) (22:01) -- Poem (for soprano and chamber ensemble) (1987) (15:36) / text by T.S. Eliot (1888-1965) -- Lyric for strings ([original] version for string quartet) (1946) (6:25) -- Five fancies (1974) (9:30) -- Modus (for chamber ensemble) (2001) (9:12) -- I never saw a moor (1986) / text by Emily Dickinson (1930-1886) (2:01) -- Response (1940) / text by Paul Laurence Dunbar (1872-1906) (2:26) -- Mother Goose (circa 2054) (1992) / text by Irene Sekula (1:21) -- Take, o take those lips away (2004) / text by William Shakespeare (1564-1616) (2:39) -- And wilt thou leave me thus (2002) / text by Thomas Wyatt (1503-1542) (3:10).
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries