This is the army
- This is the army [sound recording] / music and lyrics by Irving Berlin ; Call me mister ; Winged victory.
- Berlin, Irving, 1888-1989.
- New York : Decca, p2003.
Items in the Library & Off-site
1 Result Found
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||CD91538||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 sound disc : digital; 4 3/4 in.
- Alternative Title
- This is the army / call me mister / winged victory
- This is the army.
- Call me mister.
- Winged victory.
- Compact disc.
- "A Decca Broadway original cast album"--Insert.
- Program notes by Will Friedwald inserted in container.
- Credits (note)
- Music and lyrics of Call me mister by Harold Rome ; original music and lyrics of Winged victory by David Rose.
- Event (note)
- This is the army was recorded in NYC on July 28 & 30, 1942. Call me mister was recorded in NYC on April 28, 1946. Winged victory was recorded in NYC on December 11, 1943.
- This is the army. Overture (2:53) ; I'm getting tired so I can sleep (2:42) ; I left my heart at the Stage Door Canteen (3:06) ; The Army's made a man out of me (1:56) ; What the well-dressed man in Harlem will wear (2:47̐ How about a cheer for the Navy (2:40) ; American eagles (2:51) ; Oh, how I hate to get up in the morning (3:08) -- Call me mister. Going home train (3:04) ; Along with me (3:07) ; Little surplus me (3:07) ; The red ball express (3:04) ; Military life (2:57) ; Yuletide, Park Avenue (3:01) ; When we meet again (3:20) ; The face on the dime (2:58) ; South America, take it away (3:13) ; Call me mister (2:36) -- Winged victory. Winged victory (3:28) ; My dream book of memories (3:52) ; The whiffenpoof song (4:24) ; The Army Air Corps (4:22).
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries