Sound paintings : orchestral narratives by American composers.
- Sound paintings : orchestral narratives by American composers.
- Albany, NY : North/South Recordings, 
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||CD18409||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 audio disc : digital; 4 3/4 in.
- Alternative Title
- Orchestral narratives by American composers
- The 1st work for flute and string orchestra; the 2nd and 5th for narrator and chamber orchestra; the 3rd for piano, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, 2 violins, viola, and violoncello; the 4th for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, violin, viola, violoncello, double bass, and percussion (1 player).
- Compact disc.
- Biographical and program notes and texts of 2nd and 5th works (8 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded Jan. 7-8, 2009 at the Recital Hall, Purchase Performing Arts Center, Purchase College, State University of New York.
- Language (note)
- Vocal portions spoken in English.
- Shun : 2003 / Stephen Yip (14:48) -- The blood orange : 2006 / Max Lifchitz ; text by Kathleen Masterson (17:04) -- No, nonet : 2000 / David Maves (11:28) -- O\u0027Keeffe\u0027s flora : 2003, rev. 2008 / Eleanor Cory (12:00) -- Reflections VII : To music : 1994 / Dinos Constantinides ; text by Pinkie Gordon Lane (11:26).
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries