Social security programs and retirement around the world : the relationship to youth employment / edited by Jonathan Gruber and David A. Wise.
- Social security programs and retirement around the world : the relationship to youth employment / edited by Jonathan Gruber and David A. Wise.
- Chicago : The University of Chicago Press, 2010.
Items in the Library & Off-site
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Text||Request in advance||HD7091 .S67 2010||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- ix, 369 p. : ill.; 24 cm.
- Series Statement
- National Bureau of Economic Research conference report
- Uniform Title
- National Bureau of Economic Research conference report.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction and Summary / Jonathan Gruber, Kevin Milligan and David A. Wise -- 1. The Effects of Early Retirement on Youth Unemployment: The Case of Belgium / Alain Jousten, Mathieu Lefebvre, Sergio Perelman and Pierre Pestieau -- 2. The Interaction of Youth and Elderly Labor Markets in Canada / Michael Baker, Jonathan Gruber and Kevin Milligan -- 3. Social Security, Retirement, and Employment of theYoung in Denmark / Paul Bingley, Nabanita Datta Gupta and Peder J.Pedersen -- 4. Labor Force Participation by the Elderly and Employment of the Young: The Case of France / Melika Ben Salem, Didier Blanchet, Antoine Bozio and Muriel Roger -- 5. Early Retirement and Employment of the Young in Germany / Axel Borsch-Supan and Reinhold Schnabel -- 6. Youth Unemployment and Retirement of the Elderly: The Case of Italy / Agar Brugiavini and Franco Peracchi -- 7. Does Social Security Induce Withdrawal of the Old from the Labor Force and Create Jobs for the Young? The Case of Japan / Takashi Oshio, Satoshi Shimizutani and Akiko Sato Oishi -- 8. Early Retirement and Employment of the Young in the Netherlands / Arie Kapteyn, Klaas de Vos and Adriaan Kalwij -- 9. Social Security Incentives, Exit from the Workforce, and Entry of the Young / Michele Boldrin, Pilar Garcia-Gomez and Sergi Jimenez-Martin -- 10. Incentives to Retire, the Employment of the Old, and the Employment of the Young in Sweden / Marten Palme and Ingemar Svensson -- 11. Releasing Jobs for the Young? Early Retirement and Youth Unemployment in the United Kingdom / James Banks, Richard Blundell, Antoine Bozio and Carl Emmerson -- 12. Do Elderly Workers Substitute for Younger Workers in the United States? / Jonathan Gruber and Kevin Milligan.
- 9780226309484 (alk. paper)
- 0226309487 (alk. paper)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries