Pope Joan ; Transfiguration
- Pope Joan ; Transfiguration / Anne LeBaron.
- LeBaron, Anne.
- New York : New World Records, , ℗2007.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||CD13889||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 audio disc : digital; 4 3/4 in.
- Uniform Title
- Pope Joan
- Alternative Title
- Pope Joan
- The 1st work a dance opera in 1 act; the 2nd a dramatic concert work for soprano and instrumental ensemble.
- The text of the 1st work by Enid Shomer ; of the 2nd work by Djuna Barnes, with fragments of text from Pablo Picasso, Dante, Ecclesiastes, and others.
- Compact disc.
- Durations: 43:20 ; 27:05.
- "Transfiguration is a concert work but entails dramatic staging, gestures, and props that move it toward ritual"--Program notes, p. 4.
- Program notes and texts with selected discography and bibliography (23 p.) inserted in container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded May 22-23, 2007, Roy O. Disney Concert Hall, California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, California (Pope Joan) and May 13, 2006 in the Recital Hall of the Performing Arts Center, SUNY Purchase, Purchase, New York (Transfiguration).
- Language (note)
- Sung in English.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries