Taurine 6 / edited by Simo S. Oja and Pirjo Saransaari.
- Taurine 6 / edited by Simo S. Oja and Pirjo Saransaari.
- International Taurine Symposium (15th : 2005 : Tampere, Finland)
- New York : Springer, c2006.
Items in the Library & Offsite
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Text||Request in advance||Request||QP801.T3 I574 2005||Offsite|
- Additional Authors
- xix, 556 p. : ill.; 25 cm.
- Series Statement
- Advances in experimental medicine and biology ; v. 583
- Uniform Title
- Advances in experimental medicine and biology ; v. 583.
- Alternative Title
- Taurine six
- Taurine today
- "Proceedings of the 15th International Taurine Meeting, Taurine Today, held in Tampere, Finland, June 12-15, 2005"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography (note)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Metabolism of taurine in microorganisms : a primer in molecular biodiversity? / Alasdair M. Cook and Karin Denger -- The reactivity of hypotaurine and cysteine sulfinic acid with peroxynitrite / Mario Fontana, Silvestro Dupre and Laura Pecci -- Cysteamine dioxygenase : evidence for the physiological conversion of cysteamine to hypotaurine in rat and mouse tissues / Relicardo M. Coloso, Lawrence L. Hirschberger, John E. Dominy, Jeong-In Lee and Martha H. Stipanuk -- In Vivo regulation of cysteine dioxygenase via the ubiquitin-26S proteosome system / John E. Dominy, Jr., Lawrence L. Hirschberger, Relicardo M. Coloso and Martha H. Stipanuk -- Osmosensitive gene expression of taurine transporter and cyclin C in embryonic fibroblast cells / Changkyu Oh, Yun Jaie Choi, Hyung Gee Kim and Dong-Hee Lee -- Is TauT an anti-apoptotic gene? / Xiaobin Han and Russell W. Chesney -- Gene expressions of taurine transporter and taurine biosynthetic enzyme during mouse and chicken embryonic development / Ha Won Kim, Seung Hyun Yoon, Taesun Park, Byong Kak Kim, Kun Koo Park and Dong Hee Lee -- Mechanisms of regulation of taurine transporter activity : a complex interplay of regulatory systems / Xiaobin Han and Russell W. Chesney -- TauT gene expression is regulated by TonEBP and plays a role in cell survival / Takashi Ito, Yasushi Fujio, Yoriko Uozumi, Tokahisa Matsuda, Makiko Maeda, Kyoko Takahashi and Junichi Azuma -- Multiple PLA[subscript 2] isoforms regulate taurine release in NIH3T3 mouse fibroblasts / Ian Henry Lambert and Stine Falsig Pedersen -- Properties of volume-activated taurine efflux from human breast cancer cells / David B. Sherman, Jean Thomson, James Davidson and Iain F. Gow -- Taurine-induced changes in transcription profiling of metabolism-related genes in human hepatoma cells HepG2 / Sung-Hee Park, Haemi Lee, Kun Koo Park, Ha Won Kim, Dong Hee Lee and Taesun Park -- The important role of taurine in oxidative metabolism / Svend Hoime Hansen, Mogens Larsen Andersen, Henrik Birkedal, Claus Cornett and Flemming Wibrand -- Characterization of taurine as inhibitor of sodium glucose transporter / HaWon Kim, Alexander John Lee, Seungkwon You, Taesun Park and Dong Hee Lee -- Taurine attenuates pyridoxal-induced adrenomedullry catacholamine release and glycogenolysis in the rat / Jagir P. Patel and Cesar A. Lau-Cam -- Cytotoxicity of taurine metabolites depends on the cell type / Ewa Kontny, Magdalena Chorazy-Massalska, Weronika Rudnicka, Janusz Marcinkiewicz and Wlodzimierz Maslinski -- Effects of dietary salt and fat on taurine excretion in healthy and diseased rats / Mahmood S. Mozaffari, Rafik Abdelsayed, Champa Patel and Stephen W. Schaffer -- Clinical significance of plasma taurine : part I : plasma taurine reflects sympathetic tone / Tadaomi A. Miyamoto and Masumi R. Miyamoto -- Clinical significance of plasma taurine : part II : spontaneously high plasma taurine concentration presages bad outcome if challenged with ischemia / Tadaomi A. Miyamoto and Masumi R. Miyamoto -- Effects of taurine on mRNA levels of nuclear receptors and factors involved in cholesterol and bile acid homeostasis in mice / Nien Vinh Lam, Wen Chen, Kazuhito Suruga, Naomichi Nishimura, Toshinao Goda, Hiroaki Oda and Hidehiko Yokogoshi -- Comparison of the effects of taurine with those of related sulfur-containing compounds on pyridoxal-induced adrenomedullary cateholamine release and glycogenolysis in the rat / Cesar A. Lau-Cam and Jagir P. Patel -- Accumulation of taurine in tumor and inflammatory lesions / Chaekyun Kim -- Effects of garlic powder and taurine supplementation on abdominal fat, muscle weight, and blood amino acid pattern in ovariectomized rats / Sun Hee Cheong, Chai Hyeock Yu, Mi-Ja Choi and Kyung Ja Chang -- Effects of garlic powder and soy protein supplementation on blood lipid profiles and amino acid concentrations in postmenopausal hyperlipidemic model rats / Sun Hee Cheong, Mi-Ja Choi and Kyung Ja Chang -- The effect of dietary taurine supplementation on plasma and liver lipid concentrations and free amino acid concentrations in rats fed a high-cholesterol diet / Mi-Ja Choi, Jung-Hee Kim and Kyung Ja Chang -- The effect of dietary taurine supplementation on plasma and liver lipid concentrations and mineral metabolism in rats fed alcohol / Mi-Ja Choi, Min-Ji Kim and Kyung Ja Chang -- Effects of taurine supplementation on cholesterol levels with potential ramification in atherosclerosis / John B. Lombardini and Julius D. Militante -- Molecular mechanisms of cardioprotection by taurine on ischemia-induced apoptosis in cultured cardiomyocytes / Kyoko Takahashi, Tomoka Takatani, Yoriko Uozumi, Takashi Ito, Takahisa Matsuda, Yasushi Fujio, Stephen W. Schaffer and Junichi Azuma -- Myogenic induction of taurine transporter prevents dexamethasone-induced muscle atrophy / Yoriko Uozumi, Takashi Ito, Kyoko Takahashi, Takahisa Matsuda, Tomomi Mohri, Yasushi Kimura, Yasushi Fujio and Junichi Azuma -- Regionally perfused taurine : part I : minimizes lactic acidosis and preserves CKMB and myocardial contractility after ischemia/reperfusion / Wnimunk Oriyanhan, Tadaomi A. Miyamoto, Kazuhiro Yamazaki, Senri Miwa, Kiyoaki Takaba, Tadashi Ikeda and Masashi Komeda -- Regionally perfused taurine : part II : taurine addition to St. Thomas' solution prevents DNA oxidative stress and maintains contractile function / Wnimunk Oriyanhan, Tadaomi A. Miyamoto, Kazuhiro Yamazaki, Senri Miwa, Kiyoaki Takaba, Tadashi Ikeda and Masashi Komeda -- The effect of oxidative stress on the transport of taurine in an in Vitro model of the blood brain barrier / Young-Sook Kang -- Neuroprotection by taurine and taurine analogues / Roberta Ward, Tanya Cirkovic-Vellichovia, Florence Ledeque, Gunars Tirizitis, Gunars Dubars, Krishna Datla, David Dexter, Paul Heushling and Robert Crichton -- Taurine transporter regulation in hippocampal neurons / James E. Olson and Eduardo Martinho, Jr. -- Taurine and brain excitability / Abdeslem El Idrissi -- Systematically administered taurine : part I : central nervous system effects / Koho J. Miyamoto, Masumi R. Miyamoto and Tadaomi A. Miyamoto -- Systematically administered taurine : part II : systematically administered taurine protects in hypothermia and normothermia / Tadaomi A. Miyamoto, Koho J. Miyamoto and Masumi R. Miyamoto -- Systematically administered taurine : part III : systemically administered taurine : pharmacologically activated mechanisms / Tadaomi A. Miyamoto, Kobo J. Miyamoto and Masumi R. Miyamoto -- Effects of taurine on cerebral blood flow perfusion, cell apoptosis, and infarct volume in acute cerebral ischemic rats / Fei Zhou, Jingchun Guo, Ru Yang, Jing Gu, Hongbin Jin, Gencheng Wu and Jieshi Cheng -- The mechanisms of taurine's protective action against acute guanidino neurotoxicity / R. O. Law -- Properties of basal taurine release in the rat striatum in Vivo / Svetlana M. Molchanova, Simo S. Oja and Pirjo Saransaari -- Neuroprotective mechanisms of taurine in Vivo / Elmira Anderzhanova, Pirjo Saransaari and Simo S. Oja -- Taurine participates in the anticonvulsive effect of electroacupuncture / Ru Yang, Qing Li, Jing-Chun Guo, Hong-Bing Jin, Jun Liu, Bu-Er Wang and Jie-Shi Cheng -- Involvement of taurine in cerebral ischemia and electroacupuncture anti-ischemia / Jingchun Guo, Peng Zhao, Yan Xia, Fei Zhou, Ru Yang and Jieshi Cheng -- Mechanisms of long-lasting enhancement of corticostriatal neurotransmission by taurine / Aisa N. Chepkova, Olga A. Sergeeva and Helmut L. Haas -- Increased GAD-positive neurons in the cortex of taurine-fed mice / Natalia Levinskaya, Ekkhart Trenkner and Abdeslem El Idrissi -- Taurine concentration in human gliomas and meningiomas : tumoral, peritumoral, and extratumoral tissue / Suzana Cubillos, Francisco Obregon, Maria Fernanda Vargas, Luis Antonio Salazar and Lucimey Lima --
- Taurine transport and transporter localization in peripheral blood lymphocytes of controls and major depression patients / Fili Fazzino, Mary Urbina, Salvador Mata and Lucimey Lima -- Retina and optic tectum interact to modulate taurine effect on goldfish and rat retinal explants outgrowth / Lucimey Lima and Suzana Cubillos -- Neuritic outgrowth from goldfish retinal explants, interaction of taurine and zinc / Sonia Nusetti, Francisco Obregon and Lucimey Lima -- Taurine, taurine analogues, and taurine functions : overview / L. Bianchi, M. A. Colivicchi, C. Ballini, M. Fattori, C. Venturi, M. G. Giovannini, J. Healy, K. F. Tipton and L. Della Corte -- Taurine analogues and taurine transport : therapeutic advanges / R. C. Gupta -- Taurine, taurine analogues, and mitochondrial function and dysfunction / M. Palmi, G. Davey, K. F. Tipton and A. Meini -- Anti-inflammatory effects of taurine derivatives (taurine chloramine, taurine bromamine, and taurolidine) are mediated by different mechanisms / Janusz Marcinkiewicz, Maria Kurnyta, Rafal Biedron, Malgorzata Bobek, Ewa Kontny and Wlodzimierz Maslinski -- Taurine chloramine inhibits the production of nitric oxide and superoxide anion by modulating specific mitogen-activated protein kinases / Chaekyun Kim, Hyung Sim Choi and Jun Woo Kim -- Anti-neurotoxic effects of tauropyrone, a taurine analogue / Vija Klusa, Linda Klimaviciusa, Gunars Duburs, Janis Poikans and Alexander Zharkovsky -- Taurinamide derivatives - drugs with the metabolic type of action minireview / Nikolay S. Sapronov and Ludmila K. Gavrovskaya -- Potential antiatherosclerotic drugs : novel N-substituted taurinamide derivatives / Nikolay S. Sapronov, Ludmila K. Khnychenko, Irina V. Okunevich and Ludmila K. Gavrovskaya -- Antihypoxic properties of taurinamide derivatives : the experimental study / Ludmila K. Gavrovskaya, Irina B. Krylova, Elena N. Selina, Albina F. Safonova, Natalia N. Petrova and Nikolay S. Sapronov -- The influence of a taurinamide derivative on skin wound healing in rats : the experimental study / Ludmila K. Gavrovskaya, Elena N. Selina, Olga M. Rodionova, Galina I. Nezhinskaya and Nikolay S. Sapronov -- Cardioprotective effect of taurhythman : the experimental study / Irina B. Krylova, Nataliya R. Evdokimova, Ludmila K. Gavrovskaya and Nikolay S. Sapronov -- Neuroprotective effect of a new taurinamide derivative - taurepar / Irina B. Krylova, Valentina V. Bulion, Ludmila K. Gavrovskaya, Elena N. Selina, Nataliya N. Kuznetzova and Nikolay S. Sapronov.
- 0387335048 (e-book)
- 9780387335049 (e-book)
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries