Complete New York Town Hall & Boston Symphony Hall concerts
- Complete New York Town Hall & Boston Symphony Hall concerts / Louis Armstrong.
- Armstrong, Louis, 1901-1971
- Andorra : Definitive Records, , ℗2006.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||CD11622||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- Hackett, Bobby
- Teagarden, Jack, 1905-1964
- Hucko, Peanuts
- Cary, Dick, 1916-1994
- Haggart, Bob
- Catlett, Sid, 1910-1951
- Bigard, Barney
- Shaw, Arvell
- Middleton, Velma
- Holiday, Billie, 1915-1959
- Hall, Edmond
- All Stars (Musical group : Louis Armstrong), performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- Giants of Jazz (Musical group : Louis Armstrong), performer. http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/prf
- 3 audio discs : digital; 4 3/4 in.
- Alternative Title
- Complete New York Town Hall and Boston Symphony Hall concerts
- Complete Boson Symphony Hall concerts
- Boston Symphony Hall concerts
- Compact discs.
- Biographical and program notes, including complete listing of personnel ( p.) in container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded: Town Hall, New York City, May 17, 1947 (CD 1) ; Symphony Hall, Boston, November 30, 1947 (CD 2) ; NBC radio broadcast, Winter Garden Theater, New York City, June 19, 1947 ; Carnegie Hall, New York City, February 8, 1947 ; New York City, April 28, 1947 ; Los Angeles, August 9, 1947 (CD 3)
- CD 1. Cornet chop suey. Our monday date. Dear old Southland. Big butter and egg man. Tiger rag. Struttin' with some barbecue. Sweethearts on parade. St. Louis blues. Pennies from heaven. On the sunny side of the street. I can't give you anything but love. Back o'town blues. Ain't misbehavin'. Rockin' chair. Muskrat ramble. Save it, pretty mama. Saint James Infirmary. Royal Garden blues. Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans. Jack-Armstrong blues -- CD. 2. Muskrat ramble. Black and blue. Royal Garden blues. Lover. Stars fell on Alabama. Since I fell for you. Tea for two. Body and soul. Steak face. Mahogany Hall stomp. On the sunny side of the street. High society. Baby, won't you please come home. C-jam blues. Boff boff -- CD. 3. I cried for you. That's my desire. How high the moon. Way down yonder in New Orleans. Basin Street blues. Muskrat ramble. Dear old Southland. Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans (Billie holiday, vocal). Someday you will be sorry. Tiger rag. Do you what it means to miss New Orleans. Old rockin' chair. Black and blue. Ain't misbehavin'. Reminiscin' with Louis/High society. A song was born.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries