St. Louis woman [sound recording] : original cast album. Harold Arlen and his songs.
- St. Louis woman [sound recording] : original cast album. Harold Arlen and his songs.
- Arlen, Harold, 1905-1986.
- New York : DRG Theater : Manufactured by EMI Music Special Markets, p2005.
Items in the Library & Offsite
About 1 Item. Still Loading More items...
|Audio||Use in library||Request||CD11289||Offsite|
- Additional Authors
- 1 sound disc : digital; 4 3/4 in.
- Uniform Title
- St. Louis woman. Selections
- Alternative Title
- Harold Arlen and his songs.
- St. Louis woman.
- DRG Theater: 09463-31713-2-9 (on container: 19078).
- Lyrics by Johhny Mercer.
- Book by Anna Bontemps and Countee Cullen, based on the novel His God sends Sunday by Bontemps.
- Previously released in 1946 (St. Louis Woman) and 1955 (Songs) on Capitol Records: CE-28 and T-635, respectively.
- Compact disc.
- Program notes by Edward Jablonski and Will Friedwald ( p. : ill., ports.) inserted in container.
- Event (note)
- Recorded Apr. 7-9, 1946, (St. Louis Woman) and in 1955 (Songs).
- St. Louis Woman : original cast album. Li'l Augie is a natural man ; Any place I hang my hat is home ; I had myself a true love ; Legalize my name ; Cakewalk your lady ; Come rain or come shine ; Lullaby ; Sleep peaceful (Mr. Used-to-Be) ; Leavin' time ; It's a woman's prerogative ; Ridin' on the moon -- Harold Arlen and his songs. I've got the world on a string ; Ac-cent-tchu-ate the positive ; Come rain or come shine ; Let's fall in love ; One for my baby (and one more for the road) ; It's only a paper moon ; Blues in the night ; Over the rainbow ; That old black magic ; The gal that got away ; Two ladies in de shade of de banana tree ; Stormy weather.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries