Cantata of the bitter herbs ; Jephta : rhapsodic poem (Symphony no. 5)
- Cantata of the bitter herbs ; Jephta : rhapsodic poem (Symphony no. 5) / Ernst Toch.
- Toch, Ernst, 1887-1964.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Naxos, , ℗2004.
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
|Audio||Use in library||CD9018||Off-site|
- Additional Authors
- 1 audio disc (66 min.) : digital; 4 3/4 in.
- Series Statement
- Milken Archive of American Jewish music
- American classics
- Milken Archive of American Jewish Music.
- Uniform Title
- American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
- Alternative Title
- 1st work for narrator, solo soprano, mezzo-soprano, tenor, baritone, mixed chorus and orchestra.
- Texts of the 1st work by Jacob Sonderling and Don Alden.
- Eds. recorded: European American Music (1st work) ; G. Schirmer (2nd work).
- Compact disc.
- Durations: 39:35; 25:26.
- Program notes by Neil W. Levin, texts of the 1st work, and biographical notes on the performers (23 p.) inserted in container.
- Event (note)
- 1st work recorded in Rudolfinum, Prague, Czech Republic, Oct. 2000 (narration recorded in New York, March 2003); 2nd work recorded in Benaroya Hall, Seattle, USA, June 1998.
- Language (note)
- 1st work sung in English and Hebrew.
- Owning Institutions
- Columbia University Libraries